8 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2019 8:19 AM by tarribred61

Licensing problem

tyro01

Hi,

I replaced my CircuitStudio1.5.2 installed two PCs.

I exported Standalone License(.alf) file from previous PC and Delete this license online.

Next I Added Standalone License at new PCs.

As a result, Available Licenses listed as shown below while doing reinstall several times.

Product Name

- CircuitStudio

My Name

My Name

My Name

My Name

I tried to click Refresh, Delete, Renew Now, Activate buttons but it's just caused stack my name.

I'm being careful with avoid a simultaneous operation.

How do I fix this state of confusion?

tyro01

• Re: Licensing problem
          e14softwareuk

If you are referring to the list of names associated with a license on the licensing page within CircuitStudio then this list gets added to each time you activate or reactivate the license. The list of names is not editable so you cannot delete entries but it does not cause any harm. If you have two PCs then on the first (primiary) PC you should sign in to CS and use the software signed in. From the license page use Export Standalone License and then use this license file to enable the software on your secondary PC - on this secondary computer there is no need to attempt any license activation.

tyro01

Thank you very much Peter, Red license warning message was gone and problem solved.

By the way I signed in but start page shows "404 Not Found - nginx".

There is no impact on practice, Do you know why?

tyro01

e14softwareuk

Thanks for the feedback that you are up and running with the software. Not sure about the 404 error - CS does load these HTML pages from a server and I believe caches locally so could be a glitch or some antivirus/proxy server causing the issue.

tyro01

Thanks, I will check my network settings and wait for a while.

tarribred61

Hi all,

Was this problem resolved?  Today I got what looks like a crash and now I'm getting the 404 Not Found nginx error.  I was using Layer Stack Manager at the time and when I exited that CS locked up.  Rebooting my computer doesn't seem to help.

I can open a project but it locks up if I attempt to go into layer stack manager; even if the board is a new blank project.

I may try to sign out and then back in on my desktop PC instead of the laptop I'm using.

Sorry to hijack the thread; I can do a new one if needed.

tyro01

Hi,

That was not solved yet. "Start" page shows 404 Not Found nginx only but "Community" page is displayed without problems.

I don't know why these pages has different behavior. I tried to reinstall CircuitStudio several times to resolve this error, "Start" page worked fine before license activation in my case.

Main function of CircuitStudio works normally, it looks unattractive but this error is not a problem in practice.

The priority is low for me so I'm waiting same report on this community. But this problem causes other problems, we need to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

e14softwareuk

Regarding the layer stack manager - please check out this article to see if it helps.

Error launching Layer Stack Manager

tarribred61

I'm not concerned about the nginx issue on the Start tab of the home page.  I did look at the web link you provided above for the "Error launching layer stack manager" and started to attempt the .NET debug.  The tool didn't seem to find any issue.  Instead, I fixed my problem with the layer stack manager by uninstalling and then reinstalling CircuitStudio.  It did keep my preferences and now layer stack manager seems to be working properly again.  Reinstalling did not resolve the nginx error.

I'm not sure why it had a problem.  i can say that I was working with an imported 8-layer board from a Mentor Pads design and went into the layer stack manager to see what it was.  It did open the stack up and I changed thickness on a couple of dielectric layers and closed the stack manager.  That is when the initial lock up happened.  I would have to repeat that to see if it happens again.

But for now I'm all good again.