1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2019 2:14 AM by e14softwareuk

physical features on mech4

frog

Hi,

This is probably a question for you Peter, but any other contributions will be welcome.

I know that I can add polygonal board cutouts, but there are a couple of other things I'd like to be able to do:

1. add cutouts with arcs (including but not limited to circular cutouts)

2. For some PCBs I have relatively complex route paths which I typically put on Mechanical Layer 4; is there any way to make these appear in a STEP export?

Thanks,

Frog

• Re: physical features on mech4
          e14softwareuk

Hi Frog.

When drawing a polygon you can use arcs (just like when tracking) by switching drawing modes using SHIFT+SPACE. If needing a circular cutout then I would suggest simply drawing a circle and converting to a cutout. Draw a shape (using lines, arcs, circles etc) and then in the search box type "conv reg" to activate the command to convert a set of drawing primitives into a region.

Once a region is created bring up the property dialog (double click or right click > Properties) and change to be a board cutout.

Regarding STEP output, very little is configurable so I don't think there is a way to output random layers and objects.