3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2019 11:57 AM by narrucmot

Ultrazed EG PCIe Carrier Card definition files

ramuzed

Hi,

I am attempting to build the U-boot to run on the UltraZed-EG PCIe Carrier card with the UltraZed EG SOM. I have downloaded the
      latest snapshot of U-boot from the Git repo.   Searching through the configs directory, I do not see a defconfig file for your board. Could anyone
      please tell me where I can find the correct defconfig file to use?  I believe one must exist or there is a compatible defconfig file to use because I
      have been able to run  the prebuilt U-BOOT that is part of the AES-ZU3EGES-1-SOM-G-OOB-Release-RC3_0 package.

• Re: Ultrazed EG PCIe Carrier Card definition files
          drozwood90

Hi!,

I believe if there is a file, it is located in the BSP, have you checked within there?  We include everything that is needed to work with our systems within those BSP files.

--Dan

• Re: Ultrazed EG PCIe Carrier Card definition files
            narrucmot

Hi Karthick,

The u-boot defconfig is specified in the PetaLinux project config file (<project folder>/project-spec/configs/config):

#

# u-boot Configuration

#

CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_UBOOT_CONFIG_PETALINUX=y

# CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_UBOOT_CONFIG_OTHER is not set

CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_UBOOT_CONFIG_TARGET="xilinx_zynqmp_zcu102_rev1_0_defconfig"

CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_NETBOOT_OFFSET=0x10000000

CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_U__BOOT_TFTPSERVER_IP="AUTO"

The Ultrazed SOM is similar enough to the ZCU102 board that it can use the same u-boot defconfig.  You can either hand edit this file or run 'petalinux-config' from the PetaLinux project folder.

I hope this helps.

--Tom