5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2019 6:44 PM by peterfenn

Ethernet Module Issue

sagacr2018

Hi All,

I connected Ethernet Module (ENC28J60) and loaded Ethernet Sample from Official GIT. When I am running the program, I am getting following error,

ERROR: Networking_SetInterfaceState for interface 'eth0' failed: errno=2 (No such file or directory)

Any clue how this can be resolved?

Does anyone have working ethernet code for Avnet Azure Starter Kit? 

• Re: Ethernet Module Issue
          clem57

sagacr2018 I would read all the Microsoft  doc. I am willing to bet the setup for the device is missing from the manifest file to permit usage of the Ethernet device. Every thing you touch on the hardware level must be registered before using.

Clem

sagacr2018

Thanks BB-Sphere. I researched more and its not something related to Manifest or permission. I completely missed the following step,

Use of Ethernet requires a board configuration image in addition to the application image. The board configuration image contains information that the Azure Sphere Security Monitor requires to add support for Ethernet to the Azure Sphere OS. Microsoft supplies a board configuration for the Microchip ENC286J60 Ethernet chip, which is attached via SPI to ISU0 with interrupts on GPIO5. For development, we recommend the Olimex ENC28J60-H module.

To use Ethernet on Azure Sphere, you package a board configuration image for the ENC28J60 and deploy this image package in addition to your application image package.

Now there is another challenge! Microsoft only supplies Image with support on ISU0 and Interrupt on GPIO5 but Avnet Sphere Kit doesn't have any such combination. It has SPI on ISU1 with Interrupts on GPIO 16/17. I am trying to find out a way to create custom board configuration image

sagacr2018

I completely missed sideloading additional board configuration and Program now recognizing eth0.  Now there is another problem! Microsoft only supplies Ethernet Image with support on ISU0 and Interrupt on GPIO5 but Avnet Sphere Kit doesn't have any such combination. It has SPI on ISU1 with Interrupts on GPIO 2. Help !!