6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2019 12:07 AM by ivarhl

PicoZed Bank13 IO

ivarhl

Hello.

I have just designed a carrier board for a PicoZed 7015/7030. I have verified all power and boot up, and it works, now I want to use the FPGA and the IOs.

I have been able to access the IOs of bank 34/35, and this works fine. I have also been able to use the MIO pins. But I have an issue when it comes to the IO pins of Bank 13. I have not been able to use those yet. I have tried connecting them diretly to PL like I did with bank 34/35, e.g. by setting a counter in PL and connecting IO's directly to the output of the counter. I have also tried accessing this from PS via EMIO. But I cannot seem to get these pins to change...

Is there any setting in Vivado that needs to be set? When I tried EMIO i enable EMIO and used a constraint file to set the pins. When I tried directly form PL I used the same method that worked for bank 34/35, and this is to set the IOs via contraint file. I have only tried these as outputs yet.

Any tips?

• Re: PicoZed Bank13 IO
          clem57

ivarhl  wrote:

Hello.

I have just designed a carrier board for a PicoZed 7015/7030. I have verified all power and boot up, and it works, now I want to use the FPGA and the IOs.

I have been able to access the IOs of bank 34/35, and this works fine. I have also been able to use the MIO pins. But I have an issue when it comes to the IO pins of Bank 13. I have not been able to use those yet. I have tried connecting them diretly to PL like I did with bank 34/35, e.g. by setting a counter in PL and connecting IO's directly to the output of the counter. I have also tried accessing this from PS via EMIO. But I cannot seem to get these pins to change...

Is there any setting in Vivado that needs to be set? When I tried EMIO i enable EMIO and used a constraint file to set the pins. When I tried directly form PL I used the same method that worked for bank 34/35, and this is to set the IOs via contraint file. I have only tried these as outputs yet.

Any tips?

The only difference I see is the 34/35 are power from carrier card and have voltage you set. On the other hand 13 is powered by zed-board and are fixed.

• Re: PicoZed Bank13 IO
            ivarhl

I found the error, it was a HW error, probbably a loose connection (bad soldering etc) in the board to board connector. Problem solved.