1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 28, 2019 10:49 AM by narrucmot

do I need a special local "sstate-cache" for microzed ?

donquixotenien

I am using petalinux2017.2 on Ubuntu, which is built by IT and has no internet connection now. (local sstate-cache is prepared already)

Here is my problem. This environment works fine when I am trying to build a project for ZED board

Now I am trying to build another linux project on microzed board.

But when I change the .bsp file from "xilinx-zc702-v2017.2-final.bsp" which provided by xilinx into "mz7020_fmccc_2017_2_0.bsp" from avnet  (.hdf changed as well)

I get an error message like below

ERROR: iperf-2.0.5-r0 do_fetch: Network access disabled through BB_NO_NETWORK (or set indirectly due to use of BB_FETCH_PREMIRRORONLY) but access requested with command /usr/bin/env wget -t 2 -T 30 -nv --passive-ftp --no-check-certificate -P /work/plnx_mz7020/build/downloads 'http://www.author.xilinx.com/sswreleases/rel-v2017.2/downloads/iperf-2.0.5.tar.gz' (for url None)

ERROR: iperf-2.0.5-r0 do_fetch: Function failed: base_do_fetch

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /work/plnx_mz7020/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/iperf/2.0.5-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.6809

ERROR: Task (/opt/Xilinx/PetaLinux/2017.2/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-oe/recipes-benchmark/iperf/iperf_2.0.5.bb:do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

wondering if there is another sstate-cache package that should be used at microzed case ?

Or if I should tun off some linux kernal function when doing microzed project ? (if so, which?)

Please let me know any of your suggestions.

Thank you all.

• Re: do I need a special local "sstate-cache" for microzed ?
          narrucmot

Hi Chenming,

I believe the iperf application is an extra that is not included in the Xilinx provided sstate-cache.  We (Avnet) add this application to the BSP because it is a handy utility to measure Ethernet performance either either a LAN or across the internet.  It is an optional application - not necessary or critical for the Linux system.  To get you past this error and to hopefully get the BSP to build successfully you can simply disable this app in the rootfs config:

$ petalinux-config -c rootfs

Then search through the menus to find iperf and disable it.

Alternatively, you can also manually edit the <petalinux project>/project-spec/configs/rootfs_config file:

Search for and change "CONFIG_iperf=y" to "# CONFIG_iperf is not set"

I hope this helps.  Good luck!