2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 4, 2019 11:17 AM by ronalers

How to change the size of the component annotation text? Is there a preferences option or global variable?

ronalers

The default text size in CS is rather large.  Is there a global variable to set or a preferences setting?  I can only change each annotation individually which is rather ridiculous.  There must be a command or setting but I have not been able to find it.

• Re: How to change the size of the component annotation text? Is there a preferences option or global variable?
          adamwebber

If this is a PCB issue then I can help you.  There are a couple of ways you can remedy this problem, depending upon your version of CS.  In everything v5.x or greater, when you attempt to place anything, press 'Tab' to bring up its settings.  Anything you change in here will set to default when you close CS.  On previous versions you have to go into your ADVPCB.DFT file and manually change the settings and save the file.  I recommend you make a copy first.  It is located in your User folder ie. (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Altium\CircuitStudio {ABUNCHOFNUMBERSANDLETTERS}). 

If this is a Schematic issue, you can change the default the same way as you do on the PCB.  Press 'Tab' and change the settings.  When you close CS, it saves those settings as default.  I haven't found the location of the file in which the settings are saved though. 

I hope this helps.  Test it out to see if it works.  You don't need to save the documents to save the settings.

• Re: How to change the size of the component annotation text? Is there a preferences option or global variable?
            ronalers

Thank you, This worked.

Before I compiled and imported all the SCH updates into a new PCB I placed a component and changed the text size in the TAB options menu for the component.

I closed and reopened the project and viola! the new text size was saved.  This will save a lot of time in the future.  Thank you again!