5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2019 8:26 PM by frog

Down loading DXF files do not work

sclifford

Can i please get some help in down loading a standard DXF file into Circuit Studio.  It says it can do it but it does not work this is very frustrating.

Please can i get some support in doing this very simple task!

Scott

• Re: Down loading DXF files do not work
          sclifford

I have uninstalled and re-installed the third party software and checked and tried several scaling options including both mm and mils for my  DXF file  and it still does not work.  Each time I load my DXF file it changes my board shape and my DXF outline does not appear anywhere on the screen. Is there a solution to this issue?  I use Solid Edge to generate my DXF files.  I have even load the DXF file back into Solid Edge and it works just fine.  Is it poi

sclifford  wrote:

Can i please get some help in down loading a standard DXF file into Circuit Studio.  It says it can do it but it does not work this is very frustrating.

Please can i get some support in doing this very simple task!

Scott

sble to even load in a DXF file form Solid Edge why does it not work!!!!

Scott

• Re: Down loading DXF files do not work
            frog

Good to hear that this is resolved.  Some bonus info that may be of use to other users: if you're having problems with the board outline being changed (as I had yesterday), create a new empty PCB document and import the DXF into that, then copy/paste into your 'real' PCB.  Specifying the layers to import to would probably circumvent the board-outline issue but I haven't played around enough to know exactly what's what.

2 of 2 people found this helpful