1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2019 11:54 PM by clem57

Zedboard PS side program via PJTAG using Xilinx Platform Cables

darshanaj

I need to put my Zedboard into JTAG independent mode to debug PL side and PS side independently. As explained in UG585 page 718 when I set Zedboard to JTAG independent mode, PS side (ARM) processors will not be accessed by the JTAG connector. When I put Zedboard into JTAG independent mode, I can use inbuilt Digilent JTAG controller of Zedboard to program and debug PL side. I am trying to find a method to program PS side (I don't need to set breakpoints at this stage, just programming the PS side is enough), for this, can I use a Xilinx Platform cable and connect JTAG wires to MIO pins or EMIO pins of PS side as explained in page 722 of UG585? or Do I have to use an ARM JTAG module for this task? 

• Re: Zedboard PS side program via PJTAG using Xilinx Platform Cables
          clem57

Yes you can configure the JTAG to independent mode in ZU+ MPSoC as well.

Please try the below commands in XSCT console-

xsct% mrd -force 0xFFCA0034
          FFCA0034: 00000003
          xsct% mwr -force 0xFFCA0030 3
          xsct% mrd -force 0xFFCA0034

If you are using production version of ZU+ device then you should include one more command before you launch HW server because but hw_server called by XSDB or Vivado HW Manager automatically links the DAP to the primary scan chain.

You can can disable this by setting hw_server parameter processor-debug-claim
          to 2 and then connect XSDB or Vivado HW Manager to this hw_server.

Here two different methods:

1. This is how you specify the option at hw_server start-up:

hw_server -e "set processor-debug-claim 2"

2. You may also use the --init=script.txt option to load this setting through a file. To use the init option you need to create a initialization script as shown below. In the script you specify the "set processor-debug-claim" parameter.

# Sample script.txt
          set processor-debug-claim 2

You start the hw_server as shown below:

hw_server --init=script.txt

NOTE: After configuring "processor-debug-claim 2", the user must reset the board (power cycle) in order to see the split chain.

1 of 1 people found this helpful