2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2019 10:03 AM by Christopher Stanton

BeagleBone AI Support source

jomoenginer

There has been many discussions regarding the BeagleBone AI and in the end the location for the final say has been the BeagleBoard.  However, as was pointed out on a recent BeagleBoard post due to an element14 employee posting, mbest( A Premier Farnell Company / Avent) is the manufacturer of the BB AI.  Considering this, shouldn't any issues and documentation regarding the board be addressed by Avnet and perhaps use the BeagleBoard for OS related issues?

With regards to the heating issue, I've made the mistake to suggest that the BB and Jason should be addressed to find why the board was not thoroughly tested before being released. If Avnet is the Manufacturer of the BB AI, then I suppose the question regarding testing should be directed to Avent. No?

I'm just trying to keep this straight for myself or others interested.

Cheers,

Jon

• Re: BeagleBone AI Support source
          gdstew

"Considering this, shouldn't any issues and documentation regarding the board be addressed by Avnet and perhaps use the BeagleBoard for OS related issues?"

No, the engineers who designed the board are are responsible for all aspects of the design. The manufacturer is responsible for building the board to the design

engineer's specifications and for any build process problems. None of the problems with the AI being discussed here that I've seen so far are build process problems.

"If Avnet is the Manufacturer of the BB AI, then I suppose the question regarding testing should be directed to Avent. No? "

Not unless it is a question about testing for problems with the build process if a problem is found with that process.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: BeagleBone AI Support source
            Christopher Stanton

While we don't discourage discussion like this on the Community particularly, this's feedback about a product the company sells, and feedback such as this is best done via the online stores because it's noted down into the right feedback channels to the suppliers and manufacturers (even towards embest, those who license the designs that embest produce, or any of our other suppliers) unfortunately we don't have the ability to record this kind of feedback to the company as the support teams do.

2 of 2 people found this helpful