2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2019 3:24 AM by jwdtemp

Feedback - some simple suggestions

jwdtemp

Using CS for about one month.  Previous experience 4 years AD

A few simple updates that would improve user experience

1      When displaying a user local library in projects area this should be in alphabetic order - not random as it is at present ie similar to AD

2      Also need alphabetic sort when selecting a footprint for a schematic

3     when on pcb layout - right click to be able to select an 'origin' and/or  change imperial to metric (Ad uses shortcuts)

4     Need a 'File Save As' facility - pretty urgently!!

can supply screen shots of issues if required

Julian Dinsdale

• Re: Feedback - some simple suggestions
          tarribred61

Good suggestions.

1) I think it does sort alphabetically if you click on the column header within the SCH Library view.

3) You can do change imperial/metric with keystrokes, it is a bit cumbersome (Alt-h G M or Alt-h G I) but not too bad once you do it enough it becomes something you don't think about.  Sometimes you can use CTRL-Q to flip between imperial and metric; this method works in submenus but not from the main PCB window. 

4) If you mean a 'File Save A Copy As' then I agree it would be helpful.  Instead I just go out and do it within Windows.

• Re: Feedback - some simple suggestions
              jwdtemp

Thanks for the feedback

unfortunately I still cannot find any facility to sort alphabetically.  I agree the library pane on the RHS of my screen can be sorted.but the library schematic and footprint files cannot.  In AD there is a button to sort this.  It feels like the software designers just don’t care or they have never used CS in the real world.

thanks for the info re the keystrokes.  I think it will be easier to clunky go to the menus !!

Yes , “Filr Save a Copy As” would be really useful