0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2019 3:38 PM by rscasny

Path II Programmable: Embedded Vision Project on the Ultra96-V2

rscasny

The Path II Programmable training project trains element14 members by providing them with free FPGA/SoC training modules with lab exercises. Learn more about Path II Prtogrammable here: Path II Programmable: About Training Project 

Once the trains and labs have been completed, the trainees will build a project with the Avnet Ultra96-V2  development board, which is an Arm-based, Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ ™ MPSoC development board based on the Linaro 96Boards Consumer Edition (CE) speciļ¬cation.

This project was developed by element14 top member ralphjy. He says that "I'd like to implement an embedded vision system. The input would be a H264/5 video stream from an IP camera or an NVR. The input would be an RTSP stream over the network (either wifi or ethernet).  If I can get the base configuration working I'd like to extend it to multiple inputs and possibly an output to the NVR. I'd like to have some level of detection/identification capability.  My thought is to use one of the quantized neural network implementations that I've tried on the PYNQ-Z2 (new overlays are available for the Ultra96)."

Here are the two blogs that describe Ralph's Embedded Vision Project:

PIIP Embedded Vision Project

PIIP Project - Creating xfOpenCV IP using Vivado HLS