4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2020 1:37 PM by beacon_dave

Srew size of Raspberry Pi

enpla1

I bought a Raspberry Pi Camera V2.

It is possible to remove the Lens from board.

I would like to know the radius size and pitch size of screw of lens .

Please let us know any information .

• Re: Srew size of Raspberry Pi
          colporteur

I can see by your membership date you are a recent join to the site.

Lots of great resources that will help you but we will need a little more information.

Can you provide some details around the camera board you have? Maybe a picture might help also. Why the necessity to remove the camera?

I won't condone removing the camera but maybe someone has a solution that provides you what you need without extracting the camera.

shabaz

Hi Takayoshi,

As Sean says, some more information would be great.

I can only help with the first part of your question:

It is possible to remove the Lens from board.

Yes, but it ideally needs some tool/key to unscrew it. There are models of tools that can be 3D-printed to do this, or some people have cut a square in an old credit card and used it as a key.

I have done that in the past, but not to fully remove the lens, only to adjust it (I wanted a extremely short focus distance for some project, just a 1/4 turn will change the focus by a huge amount, so probably not advisable unless you've got a very good reason to do it : ).

beacon_dave

According to : www.truetex.com

Raspberry Pi

"The stock lens consists of aspherical elements glued into a black plastic cell. The outside of this plastic cell is threaded (M6x0.35 metric thread) which then screws into matching M6x0.35 internal threads (nominal 5.64mm minor diameter) on the plastic receptacle housing. The outside edge of the forward end of lens cell provides a spline shape, presumably to engage a tubular mating spline tool for adjusting image focus while live-viewing the video image through the tube."