5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2020 8:25 AM by Autodesk Guest

Scaling Schematic to fit frame

eagle1301

Hello!,

I am trying to fit an schematic to one letter size frame page, does anyone know if there is a ULP or tool to scale the schematic to make it fit?

• Re: Scaling Schematic to fit frame
          Autodesk Guest

eagle1301 wrote:

I am trying to fit an schematic to one letter size frame page, does anyone know if there is a ULP or tool to scale the schematic to make it fit?

you can easyly scale a schematic when printing.

Scaling the schematic itself is not possible because the symbols have

a fix size.

--

Lorenz

shabaz

You need to be careful with this - each component symbol has a real dimension. If you somehow try to edit to scale each symbol in the schematic to fit letter size, your schematic is now no longer compatible with the thousands of other components in the EAGLE libraries.

For a similar reason, grid settings for schematic mode are not to be ever changed, (it is in the EAGLE user manual), otherwise wires will try to connect at a different spacing/scale to the components - and this just doesn't work.

Long story short, if your schematic doesn't fit letter frame size, you have to live with it within EAGLE. Nothing stopping anyone from printing a larger sheet at a different scale into (say) a PDF of course.

eagle1301

Thank you for your comments. I think I am going to resize the symbols in the components library and rearrange the schematic based on your comments.

Thank you.

shabaz

Ok, but (from general experience) it's good to consider "here be dragons" when you tread in areas in software that may have received little exercising by users.

Not saying you will hit any bug (it may have been written and tested really well), I'm just applying general thoughts here - let's say I have interesting experiences of how code can sometimes be written or tested.

Autodesk Guest

Am 22.02.2020 um 00:29 schrieb eagle1301:

Thank you for your comments. I think I am going to resize the symbols in the components library and rearrange the schematic based on your comments.

Thank you.

--

To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:

https://www.element14.com/community/message/288673

Actually I don't understand the problem. The schematic doesn't fit the

page. So why not distribute it on plural pages? Every paper or

electronic book is made like this. To make the symbols smaller is short

thinking. What if your next project is much larger than this, do you

resize the symbols again?

The easiest way is to add more sheets to your project.

Put a frame around your (or part) project that fits your paper size (and

your printer).

Use a frame with localizer (one that has numbers and characters around

it to form coordinates).

Once you have taken parts to another page, you can put labels on the

"nowhere" ending lines which will show the name, page and coordinates of

its continuances on other pages.

If it is just for printout you can do as Lorenz suggested.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Joern Paschedag