4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2020 10:29 PM by rstone

Recommendations?

rstone

Doesn't seem to be much going on here lately, but I'm looking for a little guidance. Can anyone suggest a decent first 3-d printer? I'm leaning towards the Ender-3 but that's about as far as I've gotten. It will be mostly for hobbyist/maker stuff, no high production.

Thanks for any help.

Rick

• Re: Recommendations?
          Fred27

I'm sure there are a lot of good ones out there, but I'd say just don't go for the low end. I've had an UP Plus for about 7 years and never had an issue with it. Sure it's not open source, but it works. Over that time I've seen friends constantly struggle to get their cheaper ones to work - spending more time levelling and fixing than printing.

I can't recommend any particular current printer, but remember your time is valuable. We all love to tinker and are happy to tweak and fix stuff, but it's good to have tools that support rather than hinder you.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
            balearicdynamics

Frankly, I have tried many models and probably today the Elegoo Neptune is the best considering quality, price, and duration.

Enrico

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              Christopher Stanton

The Ender 3 is tempting because people appear to get good results with it, what they don't mention is they end up tinkering with it until they get it working at that level. One common problem is Z axis binding.

I've had good experience with the Multicomp i-20Multicomp i-20 because its frame is solid, and I only find myself having to tweak settings in software to get it printing nicely.

4 of 4 people found this helpful
                rstone

And the winner is...

Ender 3pro

1 of 1 people found this helpful