6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2020 4:40 PM by eduque

Diameter of barrel of power plug adapter

eduque

On the power supply that will plug into the Power Jack (ref des J10) on the Ultra96-V2 board, what is the max diameter of the barrel housing around the plug?  See circled in red.

I only know that the exposed plug itself is 4.7mm x 1.7mm x 10mm from the description.  I can't find a mechanical drawing of the plug assembly from Votoo, and it's important for me to know the barrel dimensions in my application.

• Re: Diameter of barrel of power plug adapter
          ralphjy

Not sure how accurate you need to be, but I have the 4A power supply that has a similar looking barrel plug.  The exposed plug measures 4.77mm.  The first step up on the barrel is 7.96mm and the max diameter is 9.94mm.   That first step up is about 5mm in depth so if you are trying to put clearance in a panel - I guess you could use 8mm as a max diameter.  If you're trying pass the cable through the panel the max diameter would be 10mm (that ferrite filter is only about 10cm away and it is 15mm in diameter).

Hope that helps.  I don't see a mechanical drawing either.  The product links appear to be wrong also (seem to link the tech spec to the Ultra96 instead of the power supply).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            shabaz

Hi Emma,

It's in the bill-of-materials, the socket is part code PJ1-021-SMT-TR and it's datasheet will have the full details.

(it expects a 4.75mm,1.7mm plug, i.e. outer barrel is 4.75mm, inner hole is 1.7mm).

EDIT: just realized you're looking for the molded plastic shell dimensions. I don't know the answer to that, it is probably unspecified by the manufacturer (and may vary).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                eduque

Thanks for chiming in, Shabaz!  Yep unfortunately this is the only drawing I was able to find as well.  Since the height of the jack is 6mm, I was interested in how much the plastic shell / barrel extends past the jack when the cable is plugged in.

If tthe barrel is 9mm dia. (like one of my teammate's power adapters), that means it will extend 1.5mm above the jack's top surface.  This might be ok, but it would be helpful if there was a drawing available from the manufacturer.