2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2020 11:55 PM by jkmenon-ign

petalinux 2019.1 build error with ultrazed EV 2019.1 bsp

jkmenon-ign

Hi

I am using the Xilinx petalinux tool version 2019.1 to build the images for booting up the Ultrazed EV starter Kit.

I have downloadedUltraZed-EV Carrier Card—PetaLinux 2019.1 Enhanced BSP file from the reference-designs in https://www.element14.com/community/community/designcenter/zedboardcommunity/ultrazed/ultrazed-ev

I have a sample HDF exported from Vivado 2019.1 also.

Here are the steps that i followed ( method 1)

1. petalinux-create -t project -s <path-to-BSP/uz7ev_evcc_2019_1.bsp>

2. petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<path-to-HDF>

3. petalinux-build

When I used the template option without giving BSP and only specifying the HDF, the build was successful. Reference to this link (https://www.avnet.com/wps/portal/us/resources/article/building-petalinux-for-the-ultrazed-and-pcie-carrier-card/ )

step 1 replaced with "petalinux-create --type project --template zynqMP --name <project name> "

(method 2)

1. petalinux-create --type project --template zyncMP --name <project name>

2. petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<path-to-HDF>

3. petalinux-build

with method 2 the build was successful.

So If we are building without BSP, I found that the device tree binding will have missing device/nodes missing eth/usb peripherals and we have to add some of the peripherals manually.

My build environment is Ubuntu 16.04, with sufficient memory requirements.

What can be the possible solutions to build with BSP file and followed by configuration with HDF, is there anything I am missing out?

Thanks

• Re: petalinux 2019.1 build error with ultrazed EV 2019.1 bsp
          narrucmot

It appears as though there is some sort of mismatch between your custom HDF and the BSP.  If you want to use a custom Vivado hw platform with this BSP, you may want to start with the known-good 'UZ7EV_EVCC.xpr' Vivado project in the <>/hardware/UZ7EV_EVCC_2019_1 folder of the BSP.  This is the hw platform the BSP was built from, and can be used as the foundation for any customization you want to do.  Just make your changes, re-implement the design, export a new UZ7EV_EVCC.dsa file (be sure to include the bitstream), import that into the PetaLinux project with 'petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<path-to-DSA>', and do a new 'petalinux-build'.

--Tom

1 of 1 people found this helpful