3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2020 10:50 PM by jw0752

An Oscilloscope Question

jw0752

I have a Rigol 1102E Oscilloscope. I have printed a manual but it assumes a certain level of instinctive knowledge. I have many years of experience in electronics but I have never had a class or an instructor where I could ask the the embarrassing baby questions. Fortunately I now have you guys so here is my question:

There is a window on the Scope display that indicates running status. It displays WAIT, STOP, AUTO, and T'D.

What does T'D stand for? When T'D is listed it seems to freeze the display.

Thanks

John

• Re: An Oscilloscope Question
          Gordon Margulieux

John,

I have never used a Rigol scope before, but my assumption is the run status is controlled by a combination of the run control and trigger settings.  When the run control (RC) is set to [AUTO] the scope will continually trigger and the status will display "AUTO".  This button may toggle between the trigger modes (Auto, Normal, Single).  The  [RUN/STOP] button toggles between triggered mode and and triggered off mode (or STOP).  When in STOP mode the display will not display any new waveform and the status will display "STOP".  In RUN mode, the trigger setting will determine when a new waveform is captured and displayed.  While the scope is waiting to trigger (or "armed") the status display will read "WAIT".  Once the scope triggers on a signal the status while display "T'D".   For the single triggered mode, the status should remain as "T'D" until the trigger is re-armed.  Again I never have used a Rigol scope, but they shouldn't be too different from other scope terminolog.

Gordon

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • Re: An Oscilloscope Question
            rsc

T'D means that a sweep has been triggered.  If you set the scope to capture a single trace, it will freeze when it completes the trace sweep.

Move the trigger level up and down, and you'll see the T'D when the trigger line meets the signal.

Scott

2 of 2 people found this helpful