2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2020 1:45 AM by Autodesk Guest

High current GND and Power

macbahi

Hi!

I am new using eagle.  Please I will use this schematic for High current

Please how cant separate ground and VCC

global  wire for VCC is haigh current  but Vcc from pin connector as example A12 is smaller so Current VCC global is the some of current Vcc at every Pin A12, A11......A1.

in width rules net class I want to give Vcc global as examples 345Mil but every Vcc A12...A1 as example 65Mil.

Its idem for GND.  It wiill be de same two width rules net class

I hope you understand what I mean

Cordialy

macbahi

• Re: High current GND and Power
          shabaz

Hi Hamid,

From what I think you're asking for, I don't think you can do that, at least on older EAGLE versions. I don't know about recent versions.

You can set the rule to (say) a high value, but as a result where the trace has to be smaller you will get an design rule error occur, and you can manually approve each such exception. There are other workarounds like fake shorting components to change net rule but I don't think that's necessary here.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: High current GND and Power
            Autodesk Guest

Am 24.07.2020 um 22:30 schrieb hamid macbahi:

Hi!

I am new using eagle.  Please I will use this schematic for High current

Please how cant separate ground and VCC

global  wire for VCC is haigh current  but Vcc from pin connector as example A12 is smaller so Current VCC global is the some of current Vcc at every Pin A12, A11......A1.

in width rules net class I want to give Vcc global as examples 345Mil but every Vcc A12...A1 as example 65Mil.

Its idem for GND.  It wiill be de same two width rules net class

I hope you understand what I mean

Cordialy

macbahi

--

To view any images and attachments in this post, visit:

https://www.element14.com/community/message/294439

Hi Hamid,

as far as I understand you, your Power-VCC is the same as the "normal"

VCC (the GND as well) and you only want different width for it. In Eagle

same name is the same thing. That means you need to give one of them a

different name, lets say VCC_PWR /VCC_GND. When you are finished with

your design you may connect both vcc together and accept the ERC error.

This tip goes for Eagle Ver. 7.

Please always tell your Eagle Version so people can give you precise help.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Joern Paschedag

1 of 1 people found this helpful