2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2020 3:14 AM by correodelusak

MicroZed board is not powering

correodelusak

Hi,

I just unpacked the microzed (Z10), and does not power up.

I check the USB cable, evetythign is fine... but neither of the LEDs turn on.

What is supposed I need to do?

Best Regards,

Miguel

• Re: MicroZed board is not powering
          ctammann

Hey Miguel,

Have you tried multiple ports? On some PCs the USB power is shared so you could also have an issue if you have multiple USB devices connected. One quick way to make sure it isn't a port power limit issue would be to use a USB cable and just plug it into a standard USB cell phone charger. If that powers up the board but it doesn't power from the PC there could be an issue with it being properly recognized. If it doesn't power up that can send us down a different diagnosis path.
          Thanks
          Chris

• Re: MicroZed board is not powering
              correodelusak

Hi Chris,

Yes, I did. No luck at all.

I just want to replace the board, as I dont want to spend time finding the root cause of the problem in a board I just unpack from the box.

I just want a RMA or direct board replacement... but seems the guys from Farnell just direct to this forum.

Out of interest.. I damage the old board I was using, as looks like if you design a daughter card.. the  5V you need to feed into the microzed is effectively 4.3V, due to a lovely diode to "select" between microzed USB power, and 5V power from the connector.

This should not be a major problem, if the turn_on pin fit into the 1.1V regulator wont be the 5V... as a consequence I blow the 1.1V regulator.

Best Regards,

Miguel