3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2020 2:32 PM by drozwood90

Interrupt stops working

johnnyissa

I have a Avnet Ultrazed starter kit and I am running into an that I need help with.

I am using Vivado /SDK  2019.1 and Petlainux 2019.1. The Vivado project include a

1. AXI-GPIO with the interrupt enabled

2. concat IP where the interrupt from GPIO is connected

3. AXI-intc - the output from the concat IP is connected to the INTC input and the IRQ is connected to thepl_ps_irq0

I created a Petalinux build using this hardware with the following:

• in the config I enabled UIO support

• added uio-generic in the device tree for that GPIO

• added the uio_pdrv_genirq.of_id=generic-uio to the bootargs

I build the project and it boots fine, I have the GPIO pin connected to a data ready line from a device. I created a C++ program that uses the UIO code to wait on an interrupt from that I run the program in a couple of scenarios for testing.The program makes sure at exit to disable GIER and IP IER for the GPIO and acknowledge any interrupts left over by writing 1 to IP ISR.

Scenario 1:

• I turn off the device

• start the program which waits for interrupt as expected

• start the device

• In normal operation, everything works as expected where the code catches the interrupt and process the data.

Scenario 2:

• Same as scenario 1

• stop the program

• power off the device

• Power the device

• Restart the program, everything is working correctly

Scenario 3

• Same as scenario 1

• Power off the device while the program is running. When I turn the device off, there is a residual power that cause noise on the GPIO pin.

• I stop the program.

• I power the device on

• Restart the program, I don't receive any interrupts and I can't get it to work again till I restart.

My guess is the noise is causing a lot of interrupts that cause the issue.

This is what I tried so far

• Remove the AXI-INTC and connected directly to the PL_PS_IRQ - same issue

• I looked at the AXI GPIO register and all the interrupts are setup as expected

• I checked in the AXI-INTC and the interrupt is enabled for the GPIO

In the final design, I don’t think this might be an issue but I would like to know if there is a way to recover so that I don't have to restart.

Thanks

Johnny