4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2021 11:13 AM by bhfletcher

Ultra96-V2 low Wifi download speed

raider79

Using custom firmware or precompiled petalinux firmware of different versions, in all cases I got a low download speed (maximum 500 kb/s) with Ultra96-V2 access point mode (by default in precompiled firmware). Did anyone else have a problem with Wifi speed to atwillc3000 and is there any way to solve the problem?

• Re: Ultra96-V2 low Wifi download speed
          bobtek

I am getting about the same throughput.  I connected via direct access (P2P) and tested by FTP'ing a large file.  Got the following:

1) upload - 1.06 Mbytes/s

2) download - 451 kbytes/s

connecting via my local access point:

1) upload - 1.42 Mbytes/sec

2) download - 828 kbytes/sec

The ATWILC3000 data sheet lists the max PHY rate of 72 Mbps.

When my computer connected to the Ultra96-v2 board in direct mode, I noticed it was using the 802.11b/g PHY Mode (54Mbps).

The SDIO interface is running at 4-bit mode, 50 MHz, so shouldn't be a limitation.  I would expect we should be getting ~3Mbytes/s throughput.

Since I got better results when connecting via my local AP, it may be that the WiFi Direct P2P software is a bottleneck.  Also, I might be wrong, but I seem to remember seeing that WiFi direct mode could only connect to devices at 802.11b speeds (11Mbps).   It might be worth trying hostapd to see if we get better performance.

Bob

1 of 1 people found this helpful