12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2021 9:43 AM by jw0752

Rack-em-up

dougw

Congratulations genebren, jw0752, jancumps the forum now has 3 super stars with points in the 300K range.

It takes serious effort to amass that many points, but if it is fun, then you are having a serious amount of fun.

• Re: Rack-em-up
          genebren

Thanks dougw !  What great company I have in that group (jw0752  and jancumps ), these are two members that I have looked up to and admired their posts and insights!

jw0752

Thanks Doug,

From the day I joined and was greeted by mcb1  this forum has been one of the center points of my life. A lot of the goodness in the forum can still be traced back to the open and fair minded approach that Mark took to everyone. When he stopped participating about two years ago I was disappointed. there have been so many great guys over the years who have come, made their mark, and then moved on. I think of Mark as I am approaching the mountain of points that he left behind. This mountain of points was made the hard way before we had Essentials and some of the newer programs that give high point boosts. Mark made his points by building and blogging and by being there for everyone. Mark even traveled the world to visit the guys in England and the Farnell Home Site one time. So I acknowledge  my entry into the 300,000 stratosphere with a salute to Mark Beckett (mcb1).

John

3 of 3 people found this helpful
                dougw

There have been lots of other memorable contributors and staff that have faded away or dialed it back....like.....

vsluiter

peteroakes

fvan

to name a few...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  Jan Cumps

jw0752  wrote:

...This mountain of points was made the hard way before we had Essentials and some of the newer programs that give high point boosts. ....

I don't think these matter when you have 100.000s of points. They make up a tiny % then, even if you do all of them.

I have completed very few and end up with 300K points. If I'd do them all I'd still have 300K points.

My theory is that it is because of being here for a long time and staying active all that time. John and I are here for almost the same time, are both active on a regular base and we end up with the same number (give-take a %).

Problemchild

Hi there everyone ...Still alive !

I occasionally look in to see whats up!

Anything key happening lately?

John A

jw0752

Hi John,

Nice to see that you are still monitoring the forum. The element14 staff have been doing an excellent job of keeping the level of interest up and have provided competitions and educational opportunities for just about every ones interests. Check in when you can. Your advice and ideas were always a big help to me in the past and I bet many of the newer members could also benefit from your experience.

John

DAB

Good spot Douglas.

All three have been consistent contributors through the years.

Well done all.

DAB