4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2021 10:18 AM by nicolaialexandrov

altium content vault

nicolaialexandrov

is it normal that when i search the vault whit some precise search criteria , i obtain 23654874328564328754 irrelevant results ???

let say i searc for RES 330r 0805 5% and i have more than two pages whit all kind of resistors ?

am  i doing something wrong ?

• Re: altium content vault
          nhee

Are you using the search tab in the lower left corner of the Vault window?  Just curious as I have not been able to make it work at all.

Your search should return a simple AND of your search terms.  It sounds like it's broken.

nicolaialexandrov

Following you question i found my problem... i was on Structure tab when i switched to search it works for me,

what is your  problem exactly ? Are you logged in you account ?

I found that if you log in as you open the software it works well, but if you start working and try to edit a part while not yet logged it gives you a vault error, but then even if you log-in it wont work properly

Good luck

nhee

Glad you fixed it !

I had edited my question while you were responding.  In general, the search tab causes CS to freeze for a while (a minute or more).

I was able to search for 0402 1% successfully so I now know that it works at least.  Just have to remain patient.

nicolaialexandrov

Yep, it is slow (sometime painfully slow) I think that their database is huge, and it look like that while it searches you can't even stop the process...

I have to say that I lost faith in the vault, usually I draw my own parts, sometime I get lucky and are able to find the wright part...