17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2021 5:50 AM by Christopher Stanton

RoadTest Report - Uploaded Image Thumbnails Become Inaccessible with Unauthorized Error

lui_gough

I'm just in the process of uploading part of my upcoming "Maxim Integrated MAX31343SHLD# Real Time Clock" RoadTest Review which is a work-in-progress.

In the process of authoring, I have uploaded images using the image tool in the toolbar and uploading the images one-by-one to the server. This generates a thumbnail which is inserted into the visual editor. All seems fine initially, but when I save the draft, some images do not appear in the draft and only appear as blank squares. Clicking the squares will lead to the full size image, but the "thumbnail" image instead leads to an "Unauthorized" page instead.

In the past, this would happen to just one or two images and I would delete, re-upload and it would be fine. After having the first half of my review looking fine this afternoon, I came back in the evening to find eleven (!!!) formerly-okay images have now become unauthorized. I don't want to have to keep re-uploading all the assets as I continue authoring, so I think we should really work to quash this bug as much as possible. As I am NOT ready to publish the draft, perhaps only the admins can see the draft and attend to the issue.

But an example of this issue is the following image:

Thumbnail that won't load from the HTML src - www.element14.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/293607990-3609-1038811/maxrtc-mktsurv-seikoeps.PNG

Full size image that loads just fine - www.element14.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/293607990-3609-1038811/maxrtc-mktsurv-seikoeps.PNG

Thumbnail that loads fine from the HTML src (uploaded to the same review, using the same method) - www.element14.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/293607990-3609-1038810/maxrtc-mktsurv-mcryst.PNG

Full size image of that, that also loads just fine - www.element14.com/community/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/293607990-3609-1038810/maxrtc-mktsurv-mcryst.PNG

My cluster info - appj8-04

Any help would be appreciated - cstanton, dudley.nelson