5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2021 10:40 AM by mbrown

Otava DTRX2 mmWave Radio Card for Xilinx RFSoC ZCU208 Evaluation Kit

mihoaut

Hi,

i have sent two Emails, for my question. The first forwarded me the second, and for the second in got no reply yet (Case Number 02095097). So I try to ask here:

Hi,

my institute ant the Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria recently bought the "Xilinx RFSoC Gen 3 Kit for mmWave”.

Now as we started to get to know the board with the Avnet RFSoC Explorer, we now want to move on and use the Xiliinx Vivado Desing Suit, to work with the board.

Therefore we need additional information about the “Otava DTRX2 mmWave Radio Card for Xilinx RFSoC ZCU208 Evaluation Kit”. Neither on the Otava, nor on your site I was able to find some detailed technical data, about how to access, configure and use this daughter board. So please can you provide this data ?

Thank you!

Best Regards.

• Re: Otava DTRX2 mmWave Radio Card for Xilinx RFSoC ZCU208 Evaluation Kit
          mbrown

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry for all of the confusion.

Please let me know which support email address you tried (and where you found it). I would like to get that corrected ASAP.

Our documentation for Getting Started is online @ Getting Started Guides for Avnet RFSoC Boards — mmw-docs v1.0 documentation

Thanks for pointing out that this is not linked on Otava or Avnet sites. I'll make sure that is fixed.

Our SW/FW design is a modified version of the Xilinx RF Data Converter Evaluation Tool (v2020.2) - download site

The modification is accomplished via TCL scripts for the Vivado project, and a several modifications to the PetaLinux BSP. The source code for these modifications is freely available. We are in the process of moving our private GitHub repo to public status so that the project can be cloned/forked/etc. Should be finished at the end of this month. If you need access sooner, please let me know.

Thanks & good luck!

/Matt

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              mihoaut

Hi Matt !

Thanks for your reply ! Thanks for those two links, but with those I have been familiar with, already. I really was expecting something like:

- How is the Otava Card working in Detail (e.g. as Detailed as the Documentation of Xilinx for the Motherboard is, like register mapping, adresses, sepcs and so on) ?

-  What Libraries are used ?

- What Interface is used ?

- Which Applikation is used ?

- Where can i find more detailed schematics of the circuits and the according connectors/interfaces ?

BR,

Michael

mbrown

Hi Michael,

The detailed datasheet would answer many of your questions. We first need to verify your kit order.

Please send your PO number or web receipt to rfinfo@avnet.com

Thanks!

/Matt

mihoaut

Hi Matt,

i have sent the whole Confirmation Mail including the PO number to this mail address.

How to proceed ?

Thank you.

BR,Michael

mbrown

Thank you Michael. Our team received your email and will respond with the DTRX2 datasheet today or tomorrow.

As others on this forum may wonder about the answer to your other questions, I'll respond here for posterity.

- How is the Otava Card working in Detail (e.g. as Detailed as the Documentation of Xilinx for the Motherboard is, like register mapping, adresses, sepcs and so on) ?

The full datasheet is not published on the web. We send it to customers who have purchased the Otava DTRX2 Card. Register mapping can be examined within the source code. See details in my earlier response for info on the source code repo.

-  What Libraries are used ?

The DTRX2 must be mated with the Xilinx ZCU208 RFSoC Evaluation Board. Our software & firmware for the ZCU208 builds upon the Xilinx reference design. See details in my earlier response.

- What Interface is used ?

Electrically and mechanically, we interface the ZCU208 to the Otava DTRX2 by way of the Xilinx RFMC 2.0 connector.

The digital control interface for the RF signal chain aboard the DTRX2 is accomplish via custom HDL IP module that converts SPI to the serial protocol required for the chips on the DTRX2. We also have SW running on the US+ processors to receive commands via TCP/IP and translate them to SPI commands for the HDL IP.

- Which Applikation is used ?

We provide the Avnet RFSoC Explorer application

- Where can i find more detailed schematics of the circuits and the according connectors/interfaces ?

The full datasheet is not published on the web. We send it to customers who have purchased the Otava DTRX2 Card.

Thanks,

/Matt