element14 and key suppliers showcase solutions for the Internet of Things at leading technology universities
- exclusively showcasing new technologies from Freescale and Keysight
- learn to choose among new products from TE Connectivity and Panasonic
- dedicated resources from element14 on STEM
Designing for the Internet of Things (IoT) is the theme at the element14 University roadshow which kicked off in May in Shanghai together with key technology partners Freescale, Panasonic, TE Connectivity and Keysight Technologies. During this roadshow element14 will unveil a host of exclusive new technologies and products, exciting demos and informative live presentations all geared towards IoT.
Justin Liu, General Manager – Greater China, element14 Asia Pacific, said: “We are delighted to bring the newest products and solutions to our institutions of higher learning where ideas for future products are being explored and developed. In a recent global study on “Engineering a Connected World,” when asked if it would be beneficial to connect more devices in their home to the internet, over 30 percent of the overall agreed. However, the desire for increased internet connectivity in China more than doubled as 70 percent agreed.
“It is exciting to see that the Internet of Things offers so many opportunities for new functionality and capabilities outside of existing products, and element14 is proud to connect technology, engineers and suppliers seamlessly for electronics design of next-generation IoT products.”
A host of exclusive new product solutions and service capabilities that are set to inspire innovation and support engineers from design through to production for the Internet of Things include :
- RIoTboard - an open source platform based on an i.MX 6Solo applications processor, using an ARM® Cortex®-A9 architecture, ideal for Android and GNU/Linux development; http://www.element14.com
- the new easy-to-use 9-axis Freescale Sensor Solution, FRDM-STBC-AGM01, which features three of the latest sensing technologies incorporated on one board; motion, orientation and location
- capacitors, inductors, resistors and diodes from Panasonic; the newest Polymer Capacitors speed up your designs that require miniaturization
- test and measurement solutions from Keysight Technologies including Digital Multimeters for higher levels of accuracy, speed and resolution
- TE Connectivity interconnect components to drive power in machinery and automation for HMI, robotics, PLC, servo motors and servo drives; http://cn.element14.com/reliable-power
element14 supports students, parents, educators and anyone interested in teaching or learning concepts related to Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and a resource section - STEM Academy - can be found at the 325,000 member-strong Community; http://www.element14.com/community/groups/stemacademy
Contact email@example.com to have the team visit your university to present technologies and products for electronics design and production for the Internet of Things.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Trading as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific, it had sales last year of £960m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,000 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers’ needs.
Premier Farnell works to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources and the Design Center enables design engineers to compare kits from the world’s greatest range of development tools.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/media-centre
Twitter - @element14
YouTube – element14
Facebook – facebook.com/element14page
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 38 different countries
- More than 4,500 employees
- More than 3,000 leading suppliers
- More than 600,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Minerals and EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.