element14 presents tools and tips to ‘Customise your Workbench’ for designing IoT products
Spring issue of ’Connect’ offers new ranges from Freescale, Raspberry Pi, Molex and Littelfuse, plus 1100 best selling tools and accessories
element14, the electronics store for design engineers and electronics enthusiasts, today announced the availability of its latest edition of Connect featuring the newest tools and tips to ‘Customise your Workbench’ to support designing for the Internet of Things(IoT). In addition there are offers on over 1100 products and special savings of up to 80% off.
Peter Davis, Regional Director, element14 Australia and New Zealand said, “The demands of designing next-generation products for the IoT have evolved and using our recommended tools and tips to customise a workbench will ensure you optimise the space you have, and fill it with the tools you need within easy reach. Engineers can benefit from the newest multi-tasking products and exclusive promotions which we have consolidated in one handy location.”
In this issue of Connect, element14 has dedicated features on the latest development kits. Engineers working on designs for the IoT can also access the eight webinars at http://element14.com/internetofeverything on home automation, connecting your project to the Cloud, IoT in production, and more. Join the webinar ‘RIoTboard - Revolutionising the Internet of Things’ at the element14 community; http://www.element14.com/riotboard-iot
Whether you are starting to customise a workbench or revamping your current workbench to equip it for the IoT age, customers can choose from a wide selection of the most popular development boards, tools and accessories from leading suppliers :
- the new 9-axis Freescale Sensor Toolbox Breakout Board, BRKT-STBC-AGM01, features three of the latest sensing technologies incorporated onto a single board, and is a smaller-footprint version of the earlier FRDM-STBC-AGM01, at http://au.element14.com/247117302
- fans of Raspberry Pi can choose from numerous accessories to add to their projects; such as Wi-Pi, WiFi dongle with drivers, PiFace, Microstack add-on boards, Explore NFC, LOGi-PI-2 FPGA Board and the official Raspberry coloured enclosure. Get started at http://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi/getstartedwithpi
- the feature page on Beaglebone includes the USB wifi dongle, Arduino Uno shield and click boards, and capes; technical resources are available at www.element14.com/beaglebone
- the Keithley bench top Multi-Channel Programmable DC Power Supplies, offering versatility and ease of use, combines two and three channels of output power to cost-effectively characterize and test a wide range of devices, circuit boards, modules, and products that require more than one power source; with USB interface standard on all models.
- the compact Tektronix TBS1000B Digital Storage Oscilloscope is packed with features which help you get more done in less time – including USB connectivity, 34 automated measurements, limit testing, data logging, TrendPlot™ and context-sensitive help menu.
In addition there are offers on over 1100 products featuring Molex, TE Connectivity and Littelfuse; and including test and measurement, electromechanical and development tools, plus special savings of up to 80% off. Customers can also enjoy free next day delivery for locally stocked products.
Readers can view the online publication or get the latest copy of element14 Connect from http://au.element14.com/connect-magazine to enjoy offers on USB digital microscope, soldering station, swivel bench and table vices, sets of pliers, chisels, cutters, knives, spanners and hex keys, among others.
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localised websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 in Asia Pacific. It also sells direct to consumers through its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com/