Farnell Announces Further Investment in Interconnect to Bring its Broadest range of Molex Products to Customers
Increased ‘in stock’ products across connectors, terminals, antennas and cable assemblies
Farnell, the Development Distributor, announces an inventory expansion of Molex products offering customers more choice and the broadest portfolio of products in stock, ready for same day shipping and next day delivery in Europe.
Molex combines innovation and technology to deliver interconnect solutions to customers worldwide. Farnell is a key sales partner for its connectors, terminals, antennas and cable assemblies and now has around 10,000 Molex products in stock. Molex’s range, encompassing all industry standard connectors, is designed for use across market sectors including automotive, IoT, industrial, consumer, datacom and medical.
Expanded Molex lines now available from Farnell include:
- Power Connectors: available in a wide array of designs and including Molex’s expanded FiT Family range, Molex’s power products portfolio offers reliable choices for your power needs.
- Microminiature Connectors: maximising performance with minimal space, Molex’s broad range of micro products includes popular families such as Easy-On FFC/FPC Connectors and SlimStack Board-to-Board Connectors.
- Wire-to-Board Connectors: offering a wide variety of wire-to-board connector solutions that fit applications requiring high-power solutions or microminiature options.
- FCT D-Subminiature Connectors: available in standard, high-density and mixed-layout versions, as well as various material and plating combinations with an extensive range of backshells and accessory options, providing solutions for a wide variety of applications.
- Application Tooling: Using the proper interconnect manufacturer’s tooling is essential to meet many of the industry standards and to maintain the connector manufacturer’s product warranty. Molex application tooling provides production equipment designed and tested to ensure a high quality electrical connection.
- Brad Industrial Connectors and Cordsets: providing a single convenient source for specifying numerous passive interconnect and industrial communications requirements for industrial applications. Standardising with Brad system solutions simplifies design, installation and maintenance processes.
Simon Meadmore, Global Category Director, IP&E for Farnell says: “As a leading provider of electronic components and solutions, Molex provides our customers with innovative products to help them solve complex challenges. This investment in Molex products reflects customer demand and means that we have more global on-hand inventory than ever before to meet our customer needs, with further expansion to come as more products are introduced to market.”
Fred Bell, Vice President, Global Distribution at Molex added: “We rely on distributors such as Farnell to help customers in the early stages of the design cycle access our products. Molex values our key relationship with Farnell, and this investment means that they can reach more customers than ever before. We see huge new potential in working with Farnell and Avnet, as they support customers embarking upon and continuing their design journeys through to large scale production.”
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localised websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 in Asia Pacific. It also sells direct to consumers through its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com/