New 3 Series MDO and 4 Series MSO Oscilloscopes from Tektronix ready to ship from Premier Farnell
New oscilloscopes deliver un-paralleled user experience and a comprehensive range of performance options for engineers – creating a new standard in mainstream oscilloscopes
Premier Farnell is now shipping two new products launched today by Tektronix, delivering the most versatile and easy-to-use oscilloscopes in their class into the market. In the development of the new 3 Series MDO and 4 Series MSO Tektronix have spoken to the users to identify the challenges they face, and built oscilloscopes that deliver features and performance to match the needs of everyday engineers. The new 3 series MDO and 4 Series MSO oscilloscopes are built upon the award-winning user experience introduced in the 5 and 6 series MSOs. They both feature a highly intuitive touchscreen user interface incorporating the touch interactions familiar from phones and tablets, the largest and highest resolution display in their class and modern industrial design.
Typical applications including embedded design and IoT, Power design, Education, Manufacturing Test and Troubleshooting and Service Installation and Maintenance.
3 Series MDO – a versatile instrument for every engineer
The 3 Series MDO offers new levels of versatility and is intended to be a compact, versatile test instrument that can sit on the desk of every engineer, taking up just 6 inches of depth on the bench whilst delivering Tektronix’s award winning intuitive user interface and similar set of knobs and buttons to other models. Featuring sleek industrial design this extremely versatile device offers:
- Largest display in its class - 11.6” (1920 x 1080 HD resolution) capacitive touch display
- Bandwidth ranging from 100MHz to 1GHz
- Option to add spectrum analyzer hardware at 1GHz or 3GHz; arbitrary function generator, digital channels and Serial Bus Decode, Triggering and Search
- A DVM/frequency counter added at no cost following product registration
- Future proofed with fully upgradable bandwidths and options
4 Series MSO – extreme visibility, versatility and usability for any bench
The 4 Series MSO has been built to meet a diverse range of application requirements alongside enhanced user experience with multiple best in class features:
- 13.3” (1920 x 1080 HD resolution) capacitive touch display: the largest and highest resolution in its class with a revolutionary new stacked display mode automatically adding and removing additional horizontal waveform 'slices' (additional graticules) as waveforms are created and removed, reducing tradeoffs between accuracy and visibility.
- Bandwidths ranging from 200 MHz to 1.5 GHz
- Industry leading vertical resolution through 12-bit ADCs providing 16 times the vertical resolution of traditional 8-bit ADCs, enabling users to capture the signals of interest while minimizing the effects of unwanted noise
- First scope in this class to offer six input channels avoiding the introduction of a second scope for complex applications such as embedded systems or power supply design
- Innovative FlexChannel™ technology enabling any input channel to be converted from an analog to eight digital channels simply by connecting a logic probe.
- 8-digit trigger frequency counter added at no cost following product registration
- Optional spectrum view; arbitrary function generator; power measurement and analysis; and Serial Bus Decode, Triggering and Search
- Bandwidth and options are all field upgradeable.
Chris Witt, vice president and general manager, Time Domain Business Unit at Tektronix said: “Tektronix is a company built for engineers, by engineers, and we continued that legacy when we developed our new scopes. Our teams spent 100s of hours meeting with engineers around the world, testing and prototyping new features and designs, and we’re excited to bring the very best oscilloscopes to market – built around insight from everyday engineers.”
James McGregor, Global Head of Test and Measurement for Premier Farnell added: “These new oscilloscopes from Tektronix deliver on usability and versatility, meaning that our customers can focus their time on innovating and solving difficult problems.”
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localised websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 in Asia Pacific. It also sells direct to consumers through its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com/