Newark element14 Offers the Ultimate Holiday Gifts for Engineers and Makers of All Ages
Hand-picked products are sure to please any engineer on you holiday list
Newark element14, the Development Distributor, is making it easy to find the perfect gift for even the hardest to shop for engineer this holiday season. Featuring more than 30 unique products, Newark element14’s Holiday Gift Guide includes a range of developer kits and other tools for engineers of all ages and abilities, from those with decades of experience to those just starting out.
“Picking out the right gift for the engineer on your list need not be a stressful time,” says Becky McMorrow, Head of Marketing at Newark element14. “Newark element14 aims to simplify the gift-giving process by making it easy for shoppers to delight engineers, develop their skills, and turn their ideas into reality. Whether you’re shopping for a gadget collector, budding engineer, hobbyist, or professional, our gift guide is a one-stop-shop for finding something they’re sure to love.”
Fun gifts for the young engineer:
- CODEBUG Development Board: A fun, engaging entry-level introduction to the world of coding, physical computing and electronics that’s shaped like a ladybug. Price: $16.60
- micro:bit wear:it Development Kit: Build it, code it and wear it! This kit includes everything young engineers need to power their first wearable technology project. The versatile micro:bit enclosure is designed for mobile applications and can be used with a wrist strap, keyring or lanyard. Price: $26.67
- 3D Printing Pen: Children ages 8 and up can bring their ideas to life with a pen that takes heated plastic that cools into the shapes they design, allowing them to draw 3D objects in mid-air. Price: $39.99
Essential kits for every maker, designer and engineer:
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Starter Kit: A complete kit including power supply, enclosure and SD card to get started developing with the latest Raspberry Pi. Price: $64.99
- Raspberry Pi Parts Kit: Includes all the essentials for electronics design: 12 LEDS, PIR sensor, photo resistor, buzzer, tactile button, GPIO reference board, breadboard, temperature sensors, screw terminal block, 30 jumper wires, capacitor and ohm resistors. Price: $18.70
- Creality CR-10S 3D Printer: A low cost solution to 3D printing for any maker or hobbyist. Price: $489.00
Tools and accessories for the maker who seems to have it all:
- Raspberry Pi Camera Board: An image sensor custom designed to add-on to the Raspberry Pi. Perfect for any projects that require the capturing of images with Raspberry Pi. Price: $30.23
- Matrix Voice: An open-source voice recognition platform for the Raspberry Pi that provides developers with the opportunity to integrate custom voice & hardware-accelerated machine learning technology right onto the silicon. Price: $58.88
- Bitscope Oscilloscope & Logic Analyzer: A full featured mixed signal oscilloscope, test and measurement system that is perfect for an experienced maker or engineer. Price: $145.00
To see all of the products featured in the Newark element14 Holiday Gift Guide, visit www.newark.com/holidaydeals
Premier Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Premier Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Premier Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. The Premier Farnell Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Premier Farnell sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.premierfarnell.com