Premier Farnell announces major investment in inventory plus new suppliers to add depth and breadth of product offering
Investment provides customers with even greater access to the latest new product introductions and established product offerings
Premier Farnell, the Development Distributor, has announced a substantial investment in product inventory as well as the addition of a number of new suppliers to its product offering. The result is a major expansion in both the breadth and depth of the distributor’s line card over the past year, giving customers even more confidence to come to Premier Farnell for the products they need, when they need them.
Over the past 12 months, the company has invested almost $100M in additional inventory, from $350M in stock a year ago to $444M today, increasing availability of in-demand products and the latest new product introductions. This represents an additional 77,000 new SKUs (product identification codes) added during the year.
To complement this investment in stock, a number of new franchises have been added to the Premier Farnell product offering. These include key new suppliers such as Xilinx, Nordic Semiconductor and Arduino, which add greater choice for customers. Additions cross the entire range of product categories distributed by Premier Farnell, from Semiconductors, Interconnect, Passive and Electro-mechanical, Single Board Computing; to Test and Tools where Premier Farnell leads the market for high service distribution.
Chris Breslin, SVP Product for Premier Farnell said: “The significant investment made in inventory and supplier relationships means that customers can count, more than ever, on Premier Farnell to provide the products they need, when they need them. As the Development Distributor, it is our aim to be there when it matters, and we are delighted to be able to do so, every day, for our many customers across the globe.”
Notes to Editors
Full details of suppliers added to the Premier Farnell linecard are:
- Xilinx: the inventor of the FPGA, programmable SoCs, and now, the ACAP (Adaptive Compute Acceleration Platform)
- Nordic Semiconductor: a supplier of a world-class range of wireless devices incorporating ultra-low power (ULP) wireless chips that can run for a long time from small power sources
- IDT: Integrated Device Technology develops system-level mixed-signal solutions for the communications, computing, consumer, automotive and industrial segments
- Allegro MicroSystems LLC: a leader in developing, manufacturing and marketing high-performance innovative integrated circuit solutions to serve high-growth applications within the automotive market, with additional focus on office automation, industrial, and consumer/communications applications
- Delkin: a leading USA manufacturer of industrial flash storage solutions for embedded, industrial application
IP&E (Interconnect, Passive & Electromechanical)
- Amphenol SV microwave: SV Microwave designs and manufactures RF/microwave coaxial connectors, cable assemblies and passive component for military, IoT, 5G, satellite, high speed, aerospace, commercial and telecommunications applications
- Nidec-Copal: manufacture and sales of optical equipment and electronic equipment
- BEL Group: designs, manufactures and markets a broad array of products that power, protect and connect electronic circuits
- Omega: leading industrial control products, including temperature, thermocouples, RTD connector wires, pressure load cells and control panel meters
Single Board Computing
- Particle: an all-in-one IoT platform providing everything required to power an IoT product
- GraspIO: developers of a Raspberry Pi expansion board with a mobile platform for end-to-end IoT development and deployment
- Arduino: the hugely popular open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software
- Hanhaa: developers of an Excel-integrated IoT device, Symbisa, empowering people to build simple, powerful IoT experiences and insights with ease
Test and Tools
- SIMCO Electronics: a leading provider of calibration and software services for test and measurement instruments used in technology organisations.
- MG Chemicals: a formulator, manufacturer and distributor of chemical products for the electronics and associated industries
- Lulzbot: 3D printers providing professional grade 3D Printing products at around a $2k price point
- Creality 3D: 3D printing R&D, manufacturing and sales, plus the supply of printer accessories, consumables, education, and printing services
- Beehive Electronics: manufacturer of high-performance test accessories for RF electronics
- Electrolube: global manufacturer of electro-chemicals including thermal management materials, conformal coatings, encapsulation resins, electronic cleaning solutions and general maintenance products
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localised websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 in Asia Pacific. It also sells direct to consumers through its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com/