Premier Farnell Expands Range of Semiconductor Products with Osram Opto Semiconductors’ Product Family
High-performance LEDs, infrared emitters, photodiodes and optical sensors add breadth and depth to global product range
Premier Farnell, the Development Distributor, has further expanded its range of semiconductor products by adding the Osram Opto Semiconductor product portfolio to its global offering. The products which include, amongst others, LEDs, infrared emitters, photodiodes and optical sensors, provide experienced engineers with more products to compare and choose from when looking for high-performance solutions.
Osram Opto Semiconductors has more than 40 years’ experience developing cutting-edge products in the fields of illumination, visualisation and sensor technology. The Osram range extends Premier Farnell’s line card to provide customers with products to support applications in markets such as Automotive, Mobile, Smart Grid, Metering, Industrial, Office and Building Automation, Energy Management and Network Infrastructure.
Key products to be stocked include:
- The OSLON Black family of infrared LED: Now with dedicated automotive versions that include the 850nm version intended for exterior applications such as night vision, pedestrian protection, pre-field recognition and lane detection. The new 940nm version is targeted at interior automotive applications such as driver monitoring, seat occupancy detection and gesture recognition. With different wavelengths and lenses, these products cover a wide range of customer requirements, and can be operated at up to 5A in pulse mode.
- The SFH 2200 family of photodiodes: This new generation of devices is much smaller than predecessors. They feature a new package concept that allows them to be soldered without any damage for up to one year after initial contact with air, compared to only three days for typical standard products. The new package complies with the strict demands of the automotive industry and is approved up to an operating temperature of 125°C. The SFH 2200 devices meet the requirements for AEC-Q101-C qualification and are ideally suited for use in rain sensors.
- The TOPLED E1608 family of low-power LEDs: This family combines a smaller package with exceptional versatility to meet an extremely wide range of customer requirements. They are particularly suited to the automotive sector for applications such as displays, ambient lighting and backlighting of switches and instruments.
- SFH 4776 broadband infrared LEDs: These devices are suitable for use in new application sectors opened up by the adoption of near-infrared spectroscopy techniques for measuring parameters such as the water, fat, sugar and protein content of food and pharmaceutical products.
- The SYNIOS® P2720 platform: Consisting of 15 different LED products with different chip sizes, power ratings and colours which can be configured flexibly within a single footprint to suit different applications. The platforms’ ease of scalability and freedom of design are combined with high thermal reliability and high brightness, delivering new opportunities and cost advantages for automotive manufacturers and light designers.
“The addition of the Osram Opto Semiconductors’ range of products further increases the breadth of our semiconductor product offering.” says Lee Turner, Global Head of Semiconductors and Single Board Computing at Premier Farnell: “Osram is a key player in the opto-electronics semiconductor market and this new relationship provides Design Engineer customers with access to cutting-edge technology to build into their designs, helping them achieve a competitive edge on their competition.”
The Osram Opto Semiconductor products are now available from Farnell in EMEA, Newark in North America and element14 in APAC.
Premier Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Premier Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Premier Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. The Premier Farnell Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Premier Farnell sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.premierfarnell.com