element14 becomes the sole global distributor of the TASKING toolset for ARM and extends its proposition as the destination for engineering software
element14 today announces the availability of a new TASKING development toolset from Altium which allows engineers to build sophisticated systems adding and configuring services like TCP/IP, web servers within minimal effort. The toolset supports a wide range of ARM microprocessors from various semiconductor manufacturers.
This launch comes shortly after element14 expanded its proposition to include software tools and the industry’s first instant e-delivery capability for customer software purchases. Combining world-class software products with the company’s full range of semiconductor components and other electronics hardware, element14 has become the destination for engineering software.
Engineers will be able to purchase software suites and packages such as TASKING immediately via all element14’s channels - including online, call centres and field sales – for immediate download.
The TASKING VX-toolset for ARM provides developers with sophisticated technology found only in the Viper compiler framework. Developers can take full advantage of the industry-leading ARM architecture with the most efficient C/C++ compiler and comprehensive debugging tools on the market today.
The Viper technology running under the hood of this development toolset allows the C compiler to generate code with the highest execution speed and level of reliability needed for tomorrow’s automotive, industrial, and telematics applications. The C compiler for ARM also features full support for industry-standard code qualifications including MISRA C and CERT C code checking, ensuring that your code will perform at the highest level of reliability.
Key features include:
- Integrated Development Environment based on Eclipse enables extensibility through third-party plug-ins.
- TASKING’s award winning Software Platform and Pin Mapper for STM32, which includes a wide range of free-to-use middleware components, like an RTOS, support for CAN, USB, TCP/IP, web servers, and much more
- Available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Fully integrated TASKING multi-core ready debugger with debug probe support for J-Link family by SEGGER, ST-LINK from STMicroelectronics, miniWiggler from Infineon, and CMSIS-DAP.
- Efficient C, C++, and EC++ compilers that conform to industry standard guidelines including ISO, CMSIS, and ARM ABI.
- Fully compatible with TASKING VX-toolsets for C166, TriCore, RH850, and Power Architecture.
- Integrated static code analysis functionality for MISRA-C:1998, 2004, 2012 and CERT C standards.
- Standard C, C++ and ANSI/IEEE-754 floating-point libraries.
- Global type checking by compiler and linker for verification of types
- Powerful assembler and linker/locator using versatile linker-script language that provides enhanced memory layout editing, data/code overlaying facilities, data/code section allocation, and automatic/user specific target memory allocation.
- Built-in extensions for improved application code efficiency and stability. Includes run-time error checking, code profiling through code instrumentation, and syntax/semantic checks.
- Easy-to-use wizards allows you to quickly configure your next project.
“Offering an ever increasing portfolio of engineering software for immediate electronic delivery demonstrates a major leap forward for element14’s customer experience. Engineers no longer have to wait days for their software to arrive at their desk.” said Robin Colman, Global Head of element14’s Software Business Units. Colman continued, “Being the first channel partner to offer the Altium TASKING product line via eDelivery extends our portfolio of products available for eDelivery securing our position as the destination for engineering software."
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localised websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 in Asia Pacific. It also sells direct to consumers through its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com/