Farnell Professional SBC User Survey and Competition - NA
Terms and Conditions
1. This "Farnell Professional SBC User Survey and Competition” (“Competition”) is run by Premier Farnell UK Limited t/a Farnell 150 Armley Road, Leeds, LS12 2QQ England (hereinafter referred to as the Organiser) on the following terms and conditions (the T&Cs). By entering into this Competition, all entrants (“Entrants”) will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&C’s. Entrants are advised to review these T&Cs before entering the Competition and print and keep safe a copy of the T&C’s. The Organiser reserves the right to revise the T&C’s from time to time. Revised T&C’s will be posted on https://www.element14.com/news/professional-sbc-survey-2021---terms-and-conditions/ and it is a condition of entry to the Competition that Entrants agree to comply with such amendments from time to time.
2. Any Entrant (subject to the T&C’s) from the United States of America may enter this Competition. Entrants not meeting any of the requirements set out in the T&C’s or not applying from this country/area are excluded from entry.
3. No Purchase is necessary or required to enter the Competition.
4. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
5. Employees from public sector companies or (governmental) officials are excluded from participation. Employees, directors, shareholders of any company within the Premier Farnell Group and their direct families (parents, siblings, spouse, partner, and children) or agents and/or anyone associated with the running of the Competition are not eligible to enter this Competition.
6. All times stated in these terms are based on the United Kingdom (GMT+1 time zone).
7. No responsibility will be accepted for entries which are not received for any reason, including technical error, pixels and plugins installed on entrant’s device that may block receiving information or effect competition results.
8. The Competition will run from 0.01 AM (UK Time) 22/03/2021 until 23.59PM (UK Time) 31/04/2021. (“Competition Campaign”), any valid Entrant can participate by entering the Competition posted at the following address: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/es-sbc-en
9. The Competition will be played as follows:
I. Farnell Professional SBC User Survey: Each Entrant must first participate in the Professional SBC User Survey, which consists of answering 14 questions in total. Questions are related to how SBCs are being used in professional design.
II. Farnell Professional SBC User Competition: After the Entrant has completed the Professional SBC User Survey, the Entrant can opt into the Professional SBC User Competition if he/she wishes to participate in the Competition, or opt out of the Competition if he/she wishes to be excluded from the Competition. The Entrant must fill in the registration form provided submitting their name, surname, phone number, email address, country, job title, gender and company name. To qualify for the Competition the Entrant must have completed the Professional SBC User Survey and opted in for participation into the Professional SBC User Competition and answer an open ended question in relation to SBC.
III. Prizes: Judges will identify 1 winners in total from the aforementioned North American countries in clause 2 of these T&Cs. The prizes will be awarded for the top answer. The criteria used by the judges to pick the best answers are: justification, value and applicability of answer in the SBC field. The prize winner will be selected within 28 days after the Competition Campaign ends.
10. The winners will be chosen by a judging panel consisting of Holly Smart, Farnell Global Head of PR and External Communications; Ankur Tomar, Farnell Regional Solutions Marketing Manager, Simon Wade, Product Manager and Romain Soreau, Head of SBC. The winning Entrants will be announced by 31/05/2021. Details of winning Entrants will be posted on https://www.element14.com/news/professional-sbc-survey-2021---terms-and-conditions/ by 31/05/2021. The Organisers’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The winning Entrant will be separately notified by email (to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entering the Competition) within 28 days of being selected. To claim the prize, the winning Entrant must confirm receipt of the email within 28 days of notification by the Organiser. If the winning Entrant does not respond in that time period, they will be deemed to have waived entitlement to their prize.
12. All prize winners should receive their prizes within 28 days after confirming to Farnell their shipment address. Unclaimed prizes will mean that the prize remains unclaimed.
13. The Competition prizes are as follows:
Amazon Gift card
*Prize values are correct at 22/3/2021
14. The prizes are non-negotiable and non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute all prizes with a suitable equivalent and the provision of the gift may be delayed or a substitute provided.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant before the prize (as defined above) is issued and may require proof of identification and age. If the Organiser suspects fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that a registrant has failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in the T&Cs then the prize may be withheld or withdrawn.
16. The Organiser reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition or extend the period of participation in its sole discretion. The Organiser will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the Competition.
17. The Entrant agrees to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to all the prizes.
18. You may not enter the Competition if by entering into it you may cause the Organiser and/or yourself to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which you are a party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which you or the Organiser may be subject. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
19. The Organiser respects the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prizes by their employees. The winning Entrant must obtain signed authorisation from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the prize.
21. Prizes are not supplied with the benefit of any warranties from the Organiser and are only supplied with the benefit of any warranty provided by the manufacturer or supplier of the prize. All further warranties or representations are hereby expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted at law. Without limiting the generality of the preceding statement the Organiser hereby excludes all and any liability arising out of the Competition or the acceptance, use, quality condition, suitability or performance of the prize, even where arising from the Organiser’s negligence.
22. The Organiser’s does not exclude liability under the T&Cs for death, personal injury arising or damage to property from its negligence, or for breach of Part II of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, or for any matter in relation to which it would be illegal for the Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
23. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Competition.
24. Please address any queries relating to this Competition to firstname.lastname@example.org