Farnell Professional SBC User Survey and Competition - APAC
Terms and Conditions
1. This Farnell Professional SBC User Survey and Competition (“Competition”) is run by Premier Farnell UK Limited, 150 Armley Road, Leeds, LS12 2QQ England (hereinafter referred to as the Organiser) on the following terms and conditions (the T&Cs).
2. The Organiser trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific (Eluomeng Electronics Co., Ltd in China). Manage end to end development and go to market of key demand generating activity and brand building campaigns, including ATL/ BTL, Digital Experiential, email, whitepaper download, webinars, events/tradeshows, online advertising and content syndication for prospects and customers.
3. By participating in this Competition, all entrants (“Entrants”) will be deemed to have read, accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&C’s. Entrants are advised to review these T&Cs before entering the Competition and print and keep safe a copy of the T&C’s. The Organiser reserves the right to revise the T&C’s from time to time. Revised T&C’s will be posted here https://www.element14.com/news/professional-sbc-survey-2021---terms-and-conditions/ and additionally emailed to Entrant at his registered email address and if the Entrant is not in agreement with any of the Terms & Conditions, he shall immediately (in not more than 24 hours) notify the Organiser and forthwith withdraw from the Competition. In case no communication of withdrawal is received from the Entrant, within 24 hours, it shall be treated as deemed acceptance on the part of Entrant and Entrant shall be bound by the amended T&C’s.
4. Any Entrant (subject to the T&C’s) from the following countries/areas only may enter this Competition. Entrants not meeting all of the requirements set out in the T&C’s or not applying from these countries/areas, are excluded from entry: Singapore, China (excluding Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau), India and Australia.
5. From 0.01 AM (UK Time) 22/3/2021 until 23.59PM (UK Time) 31/04/2021 (the “Competition Campaign”), visit https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/es-sbc-en to enter the Competition. The Competition will be played as follows:
I. Farnell Professional SBC User Survey: Each Entrant must first participate in the IoT survey, which consists of answering 14 questions in total. Questions are related to how SBCs are being used in professional design.
II. Farnell Professional SBC User Competition: After the Entrant has completed the Professional SBC User Survey, the Entrant can opt into the Professional SBC User Competition if he/she wishes to participate in the Competition, or opt out of the Competition if he/she wishes to be excluded from the Competition. The Entrant must fill in the registration form provided submitting their name, surname, and email address. To qualify for the Competition the Entrant must have completed the Professional SBC User Survey and opted in for participation into the Professional SBC User Competition and answer an open ended question in relation to SBC.
III. Prizes: Judges will identify 1 winner from the aforementioned APAC countries in clause 4 of these T&Cs. The prizes will be awarded for the best answer. The criteria used by the judges to pick the best answers are: justification, value and applicability of answer in the SBC field. The first prize will be awarded to the best answer. Each prize winner will be selected within 28 days after the Competition Campaign ends.
6. For purposes of determining eligibility, the owner of any email used to enter the Competition will be determined by who is the authorized account holder of the email address at the time the registration form is received by the Organiser. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet Service Provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain names associated with email addresses.
7. The winners will be chosen by a judging panel consisting of Holly Smart, Farnell Global Head of PR and External Communications; Ankur Tomar, Farnell Regional Solutions Marketing Manager, Simon Wade, Product Manager and Romain Soreau, Head of SBC. The winning Entrants will be announced by 31/05/2021. Details of winning Entrants will be posted on https://www.element14.com/news/professional-sbc-survey-2021---terms-and-conditions/ by 31/05/2021. The Organisers’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Eligible Entrants are all Competition participants/Entrants, but excluding:
a) Duplicate and multiple entries/Competition submissions by the same Entrant (Competition submissions will be scrutinised by email and full name in order to exclude duplicate entries)
b) Entrants who do not wish to enter the Competition (there is a relevant question in the Competition for each participant to make it explicit whether they want to be included in or excluded from the Competition)
c) Entrants applying from countries/areas that are not eligible for the Promotion (see above, clause 4 of this document)
9. In addition, Entrants shall make sure they are not submitting any such content prohibited by applicable laws, and shall also be solely liable for any rights infringements associated with the submitted answers (for example, any plagiarism).
10. No Purchase is necessary or required to enter the Competition. The Entrant agrees that Organiser is not selling and/ or promoting any good or service and is also not inducing the Entrant to purchase/ buy any goods or services.
11. No responsibility will be accepted for entries which are not received for any reason, including technical error.
12. Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
13. Employees from public sector companies or officials are excluded from participation.
14. Employees of Organiser or any of its affiliate companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and their family or household members, are not eligible to participate.
15. The Competition prizes are as follows:
Amazon Gift card
Amazon Gift Card
AUS $ 600
Amazon Gift Card
China – RMB
Amazon Gift Card
* Prize value correct at 21/03/2021
16. The Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemption or equivalent. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute all prizes with a suitable equivalent and the provision of the gift may be delayed or a substitute provided.
17. The winning Entrant will be separately notified by email (to the email address provided by the Entrant at the time of entering the Competition) within 28 days of being selected. To claim the prize, the winning Entrant must confirm receipt of the email within 28 days of notification by the Organiser. If the winning Entrant does not respond in that time period, they will be deemed to have waived entitlement to their prize. All prize winners should receive their prizes within 28 days after confirming to Farnell or element14 their shipment address. Failure to timely or properly claim any Prize will result in forfeiture. Any unclaimed Prize will be awarded to new winners selected by the judging panel (see clause 7). If, after selecting new winners to award any Prizes unclaimed, any Prize remains unclaimed, that Prize will not be awarded. By accepting a Prize, the winner consents to use of their name and/or likeness for all legitimate business purposes including advertising and promotional activities without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
18. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any Entrant before a Prize is issued and may require proof of identification and age. If the Organiser suspects fraud or misconduct, or if it is discovered that a registrant has failed to comply with the eligibility requirements set out in these T&Cs, then the Prize may be withheld or withdrawn or another Prize winning Entrant may be selected at random.
19. The Organiser reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition or extend the period of participation in its sole discretion. The Organiser will not be liable for any such withdrawal or change to the Promotion.
20. Each winning Entrant agrees to be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges payable in relation to the Prize.
21. An Entrant may not enter the Competition if by entering into it might cause the Organiser and/or the Entrant to be in breach of any agreement (including but not limited to any contract of employment) to which Entrant is a party or in breach of any law, regulation or rule having the force of law to which Entrant or the Organiser may be subject. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entry made in breach of this condition.
22. The Organiser respects the policies of employers which forbid the acceptance of such prizes by their employees. The winning Entrant must obtain signed authorisation from a director of his or her employer (if appropriate) confirming permission to accept the prize.
24. By participating in this Competition, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Organiser, their advertising and promotions agencies and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents and employees, from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with (1) awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any Prize awarded herein; or (2) participation in the Promotion or any Prize-related activities. The Organiser does not exclude liability under the T&Cs for death, personal injury arising or damage to property from its negligence, or for breach of Part II of the UK Consumer Protection Act 1987, the Australia Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or for any matter in relation to which it would be illegal for the Organiser to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
25. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Entrant irrevocably agrees that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
26. Please address any queries relating to this Promotion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. Amazon are not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.