Newark element14 Adds Omron Safety Tools and Solutions to Product Portfolio
Safety interlock switch, limit switch, light curtain, relay, controller and free GOTCHA STICK among newly available items
Global electronics distributor Newark element14 has added a new line of products from Omron Automation and Safety to its product portfolio. The newly available safety solutions include an interlock switch, limit switch, light curtain, relay, controller and related components to empower technicians to operate with greater productivity and efficiency.
Use cases and product specifications of the new items are detailed below:
- Safety Interlock Switch: Designed to endure one million actuations, this tamper-resistant safety switch is ideal for smaller machines and space restrictions with a rotatable head and eight possible actuator entry points for flexible and easy installation.
- Safety Limit Switch: The standardized gold-clad contacts provide high contact reliability, and its Safety-oriented Lever Setting (form-lock construction) utilizes grooves cut into the lever and rotary shaft to prevent slipping.
- Safety Light Curtain: With built-in muting and banking with warning zone alerts, this rugged, IP67 rated enclosure has a slim, space-saving profile and resists washdown.
- Safety Relay: Ideal for use in safety circuits within production machinery, the Omron Safety Relay features a slim design with forcibly guided contacts and is available in four-pole and six-pole models.
- Safety Controller: This software-based standalone controller offers faster and easier integration (compared to hardwired systems), greatly reduces set-up time and is ideal for uses in the packaging, food, automotive components, injection molding and printing industries.
- Emergency Stop Switch: Includes a direct opening mechanism to open contacts in emergencies, a safety lock to prevent misuse and separate construction that allows the switch to be separated for easier wiring and one-piece construction.
Via the Newark element14 site, engineers can request their free Gotcha Stick to help identify machine hazards. Omron’s Gotcha Stick allows operators to easily prevent access to hazardous situations – whether located at the point of operation or another dangerous position on a machine – and verify the ability of the barrier guard to protect personnel.
For more information about Omron’s safety solutions, visit www.newark.com/omron-industrial-automation.
Farnell Global is a fast and reliable distributor of products and technology for electronic and industrial system design, maintenance and repair. From research and design through prototype to production, Farnell helps its customers access the products and services they need 24/7. With more than 80 years of experience, 47 localised websites, and a dedicated team of over 3,500 employees, Farnell provides every component its customers need to build the technology of tomorrow.
Farnell Global trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 in Asia Pacific. It also sells direct to consumers through its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell Global has been part of the established global technology distributor, Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT), since 2016. Today, this relationship allows the company to support its customers at every stage of the product life cycle, offering a truly unique distribution model, as well as expertise in end-to-end delivery and product design.
For more information, visit http://www.farnell.com/