element14 Community Offers Holiday Projects, Giveaways and Gift Ideas
element14 is celebrating the season of giving with multiple chances to win and ideas for the perfect electronics presents
element14, an Avnet community, is bringing good cheer to engineers this holiday season with its annual Engineer and Maker’s Wishlist. In addition to ideas for the perfect gift, element14, available from Newark, element14 is getting into the holiday spirit with three separate giveaways, giving its members the chance to win prize packs for circuit assembly, test and measurement and even the ultimate Raspberry Pi bundle. And to top it all off, element14 is hosting a holiday-themed design challenge for its members to share what the holidays mean to them.
This year’s gift guide includes all of the best products for electronics designers, ranging from stocking stuffers for young engineers to under-the-tree standouts for seasoned designers. The much-anticipated annual gift guide is created for engineers, by engineers, and has gifts they’re sure to love:
Stocking Stuffers for Young Engineers:
- CodeBug and accessories: The cutest, easiest to program, wearable, portable embedded electronics platform that is very 'hackable' in what it can do, Codebug is a great starter to embedded hardware control.
- Micro:bit V2 and accessories: V2 of the beloved micro:bit features additional sensors and a microphone to enhance this microcontroller platform designed to introduce programming techniques to young minds.
Connecting Up Your Prototyping:
- Magnifier with Helping Hands: Whether you're soldering something that is too hot to handle, or you just need to get a grip onto a piece of hardware, this magnifier has you covered.
- Components and Sensor Kit for Raspberry Pi: Everything you need to jump start your IoT projects on the holiday to-do list can be found in this components kit.
- Insulated Screwdriver Set: Insulated screwdrivers are not only designed to protect engineers, but also what they’re working on. A great gift for an adventurous engineer.
Show Stopper 3D Printers
- Multicomp i-20 3D Printer: This sturdy printer is great for makers who want to dive in and uniquely customize their 3D projects.
- Creality CR-20 Pro: A back to basics 3D printer with hands-on control, this quality printer is great for makers familiar with 3D printing.
- Ultimaker S5: For those who like to dream big, this printer is capable of handling soluble print materials alongside ABS and PLA.
In addition to the dozens of product recommendations vetted by the community, element14 is keeping the holiday spirit going throughout the rest of the year with three giveaway opportunities, open through December 30:
- Test and Measurement Tool Bundle Giveaway offers the chance to win a Handheld Digital Oscilloscope, Handheld Digital Multimeter, a Humidity Meter and more.
- Circuit Assembly Tools Giveaway includes the chance to win an Anti-Static Wrist Strap, Jumper Wire Strips, a 150W Solder Station and more.
- Ultimate Raspberry Pi Bundle Giveaway features the latest hardware and a mixture of features including the Raspberry Pi 400 Starter Kit, Raspberry Pi Touchscreen, the Raspberry Pi Hi Quality Camera 12.3MP and more.
And last but not least, element14 is hosting a holiday project competition that challenges makers to create something that reflects what the holidays mean to them. In the spirit of the season, the maker that shows the most heart will be crowned the winner and receive a tool kit (~ $500 value) that includes a handheld oscilloscope, a USB soldering iron, a bench power supply, wire strippers, along with a $400 shopping cart, and an additional $100 gift to share with another member of the community for their project. For more information visit https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-95801/l/project14-holiday-special-20-win-tool-kit-bundles-shopping-carts-and-gifts-to-give-others
The element14 Community was the first community specifically built for engineers and now has over 750,000 engineer, maker and entrepreneurial members. To see the full range of suggested holiday gifts for engineers, and to enter the giveaways, be sure to check out the element14 Engineer and Maker’s Wish List 2020.
Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Farnell trades as Farnell in Europe, Newark in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. Farnell's global businesses are supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Farnell also sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Avnet is a global technology solutions provider with an extensive ecosystem that delivers design, product, marketing and supply chain expertise for customers at every stage of the lifecycle.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.farnell.com/corporate