Tektronix AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator now available from Premier Farnell
Best-in-class waveform generation platform with new interactive features for unprecedented user experience, performance and versatility
Premier Farnell, the Development Distributor, is now stocking the Tektronix AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator: a best-in-class waveform generation platform designed for the most demanding expectations on performance and versatility throughout the whole process of product realization.
The new AFG31000 series incorporates four industry firsts that result in an unprecedented user experience for researchers and engineers:
- A 9-inch capacitive touch display and a shallow menu tree makes locating and changing settings quicker, whilst also making browsing easier.
- The ability to monitor the generated waveform on the device under test in real time using InstaView™. This simplifies the user’s job by verifying what the generated waveform looks like in real time when the signal is output from the AFG31000 to the test point in the circuit under test. InstaView™ eliminates the need to use an oscilloscope to probe at that test point and as such adds confidence for users.
- An advanced sequence mode for creating long or complex waveforms makes the AFG31000 an alternative for users who need long, non-repeating waveforms, or multiple waveforms with complex timing.
- The ability to “draw” a waveform on-screen with fingertips using the built-in waveform creation tool. The built-in ArbBuilder enables arbitrary waveform creation and editing software eliminates the need to connect to a PC or use a USB memory to load arbitrary waveforms.
James McGregor, Global Head Test, Tools and Production Supplies at Premier Farnell said: “As the Development Distributor, Premier Farnell has the broadest range of in-stock test & measurement products in the high service distribution market. The AFG31000 combines industry firsts that will make it easier for engineers and researches who need to generate increasingly complex test cases for debugging, troubleshooting, characterizing and validating devices under test to focus on the task at hand without having to learn how to use the tool.”
The generator is available in 1- and 2-channel models, each having an output amplitude range from 1 mVP-P to 10 VP-P into 50-ohm loads. A wide range of operating modes are available including:
- Sine waves from 25 to 250 MHz
- Sampling (at 14-bit vertical resolution) from 250 MS/s to 2 GS/s,
- Continuous, modulation, sweeping and burst run modes (with 128 kpoints arbitrary waveform memory on each channel).
A variety of more complex waveforms are also available in the advanced sequence mode, which adds value for design or failure analysis engineers, by verifying whether their circuit will operate as planned or how it will respond under extreme or stressed conditions.
The Tektronix AFG31000 Arbitrary Function Generator is available from Farnell element14 in EMEA, Newark element14 in North America and element14 in Asia Pacific and can be seen at electronica 2018 in Farnell element14’s ‘Build and Test’ zone located within the Avnet stand in Hall C5, Stand 101
Premier Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Premier Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Premier Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. The Premier Farnell Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Premier Farnell sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.premierfarnell.com