Newark element14 signs agreement with Autodesk to distribute their leading MCAD software solutions
Newark element14 will also offer an exclusive ECAD-MCAD Design Suite in partnership with CadSoft and Autodesk
Newark element14 announces today the launch of a new partnership with Autodesk. This will expand the company’s product offering to include mechanical design software in addition to its robust portfolio of embedded, test and EDA design software. The partnership will initially focus on six product lines, including Autodesk Fusion 360, AutoCAD LT and more. In addition, through technology collaboration formed between CadSoft, developers of the EAGLE PCB design software, and Autodesk, Newark element14 will also offer an integrated and comprehensive ECAD-MCAD Design Suite.
Autodesk Fusion 360 brings CAD, CAE and CAM together in the cloud. The integrated, connected and accessible platform allows users to take a design from concept to physical product. In addition, Autodesk has collaborated with CadSoft Computer to create a seamless electronic-to-mechanical integration between EAGLE and Fusion360, greatly simplifying the design work-flow from ECAD to MCAD. Newark element14 will offer Fusion360 an individual product and as part of an exclusive Product Design Suite, which also includes EAGLE Pro from CadSoft Computer and EAGLE’s IDF-to-3D service.
Our new partnership with Autodesk strengthens Newark element14’s portfolio of professional engineering software and solidifies our position as the destination for engineering software for electronics and industrial engineers alike. As one of the most trusted CAD tool providers in the world for all engineering disciplines, Autodesk’s products complement Newark element14’s existing capabilities and offerings and will also present new mechanical design opportunities for members of our element14 Community.
The full range of Autodesk products that will be available from Newark element14 include:
- Fusion 360: Fusion 360 brings CAD, CAM and CAE together to provide an end-to-end product development process in a single cloud-based platform.
- ECAD-MCAD Design Suite: 1 year of Fusion 360, EAGLE Pro from CadSoft Computer, and EAGLE’s IDF-to-3D service integrated together to provide innovative designers a single, cohesive solution which greatly simplifies the design workflow.
- AutoCAD LT: Autodesk’s widely-used AutoCAD LT is a design platform technology that allows mechanical design engineers to create and share precise 2D drawings more efficiently.
- AutoCAD Electrical: Part of Autodesk’s Digital Prototyping solution, AutoCAD Electrical provides electrical engineers and electricians with electrical CAD design features in a familiar AutoCAD environment.
- Autodesk Inventor: 3D CAD software for modeling and simulation of designs using freeform, direct and parametric modeling tools.
- AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite: Bundles AutoCAD LT and Inventor to provide users with more design flexibility.
Autodesk is teaming with Premier Farnell to deliver the software that designers and engineers need to adapt to the emerging future of making things. The growth of electronics embedded in end products continues to accelerate, with electronics and PCB design increasingly becoming pivotal within the broader product design workflow. The integration of EAGLE directly into Fusion 360 will give innovative designers a single, cohesive ECAD-MCAD product design solution which greatly simplifies the design workflow. Together, we are making these design solutions available to the broader engineering community and providing comprehensive support through Premier Farnell's sales channels and technical knowledge centers.
The range of Autodesk products will enhance Newark element14’s portfolio of embedded, PCB, and mechanical software available on the element14 Design Center. All of the main categories of design software are available through the element14 Design Center: integrated development environments & compilers, operating systems and middleware, EDA software, mechanical design software and test & simulation software. What’s more, the Design Center provides customers with a streamlined software selection and purchasing experience with free software trials and multiple delivery options, including instantaneous eDelivery.
Autodesk, AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD Electrical, Fusion 360 and Inventor are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.
About the Premier Farnell Group
Premier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Trading as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific, the company had sales last year of £960m. The Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,000 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers’ needs.
Premier Farnell works to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.
The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources and the Design Center enables design engineers to compare kits from the world’s greatest range of development tools.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/media-centre
Twitter - @element14
Facebook – facebook.com/element14page
Premier Farnell Key facts
- Operations in 38 different countries
- More than 4,500 employees
- More than 3,000 leading suppliers
- More than 600,000 products stocked with access to over four million more on demand
- Leaders in providing information on REACH, Conflict Minerals and EU RoHS legislation
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.