element14 presents tools and tips to ‘Customise your Workbench’ for designing IoT products
Spring issue of ’Connect’ offers new ranges from Freescale, Raspberry Pi, Molex and Littelfuse, plus 1100 best selling tools and accessories
element14, the electronics store for design engineers and electronics enthusiasts, today announced the availability of its latest edition of Connect featuring the newest tools and tips to ‘Customise your Workbench’ to support designing for the Internet of Things(IoT). In addition there are offers on over 1100 products and special savings of up to 80% off.
Peter Davis, Regional Director, element14 Australia and New Zealand said, “The demands of designing next-generation products for the IoT have evolved and using our recommended tools and tips to customise a workbench will ensure you optimise the space you have, and fill it with the tools you need within easy reach. Engineers can benefit from the newest multi-tasking products and exclusive promotions which we have consolidated in one handy location.”
In this issue of Connect, element14 has dedicated features on the latest development kits. Engineers working on designs for the IoT can also access the eight webinars at http://element14.com/internetofeverything on home automation, connecting your project to the Cloud, IoT in production, and more. Join the webinar ‘RIoTboard - Revolutionising the Internet of Things’ at the element14 community; http://www.element14.com/riotboard-iot
Whether you are starting to customise a workbench or revamping your current workbench to equip it for the IoT age, customers can choose from a wide selection of the most popular development boards, tools and accessories from leading suppliers :
- the new 9-axis Freescale Sensor Toolbox Breakout Board, BRKT-STBC-AGM01, features three of the latest sensing technologies incorporated onto a single board, and is a smaller-footprint version of the earlier FRDM-STBC-AGM01, at http://au.element14.com/247117302
- fans of Raspberry Pi can choose from numerous accessories to add to their projects; such as Wi-Pi, WiFi dongle with drivers, PiFace, Microstack add-on boards, Explore NFC, LOGi-PI-2 FPGA Board and the official Raspberry coloured enclosure. Get started at http://www.element14.com/community/community/raspberry-pi/getstartedwithpi
- the feature page on Beaglebone includes the USB wifi dongle, Arduino Uno shield and click boards, and capes; technical resources are available at www.element14.com/beaglebone
- the Keithley bench top Multi-Channel Programmable DC Power Supplies, offering versatility and ease of use, combines two and three channels of output power to cost-effectively characterize and test a wide range of devices, circuit boards, modules, and products that require more than one power source; with USB interface standard on all models.
- the compact Tektronix TBS1000B Digital Storage Oscilloscope is packed with features which help you get more done in less time – including USB connectivity, 34 automated measurements, limit testing, data logging, TrendPlot™ and context-sensitive help menu.
In addition there are offers on over 1100 products featuring Molex, TE Connectivity and Littelfuse; and including test and measurement, electromechanical and development tools, plus special savings of up to 80% off. Customers can also enjoy free next day delivery for locally stocked products.
Readers can view the online publication or get the latest copy of element14 Connect from http://au.element14.com/connect-magazine to enjoy offers on USB digital microscope, soldering station, swivel bench and table vices, sets of pliers, chisels, cutters, knives, spanners and hex keys, among others.
About the Premier Farnell GroupPremier Farnell plc (LSE:pfl) is a global leader in high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Trading as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 across Asia Pacific, it had sales last year of £960m, the Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,000 suppliers and an inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet its customers’ needs. Premier Farnell works to bring to market development kits in a variety of applications, enabling it to support the customer from design concept through to production.The latest products, software, services and solutions from trusted supplier partners are all available through 43 local language transactional websites. The element14 Community allows buyers and engineers to access a wide range of independent technical information, tools and the latest resources and the Design Center enables design engineers to compare kits from the world’s greatest range of development tools.
For news updates from Premier Farnell and element14 visit:
Premier Farnell News Centre – www.premierfarnell.com/media-centre
Twitter - @element14YouTube – element14
Facebook – facebook.com/element14page
For more information visit the website at Premier Farnell.