Farnell element14 invites registrations for its IoT Wireless Technology Workshop in Bologna, Italy, 12th September 2018
Farnell element14, the Development Distributor, is inviting registrations for its IoT Wireless Technology Workshop in Bologna, Italy, on the 12th September 2018.
The event is being organised in partnership with ST Microelectronics, Tektronix and Assodel, the Italian Association for Electronics Distributors and will be moderated by Fabio Gatti Technical Coordinator from Assodel.
The day will be split into two separate sessions with a focus on IoT theory in the morning and a practical hands-on workshop in the afternoon. Attendees can register for either or both sessions and places for the afternoon workshop are limited. Details of the sessions are as follows:
IoT Theory – 09:30 to 13:00 – free of charge
- IoT communication systems and protocols presented by Fabio Gatti, Technical Coordinator at Assodel
- Product overview for IoT applications presented by Luigi Malpighi, EMEA IoT Business Development Manager, ST Microelectronics
- Tektronix-Keithley solutions for electronic measurements in the design and testing of IoT devices presented by Enrico Citti, Application Engineer, Tektronix.
IoT in practice – 14:00 to 16:30 - €60 fee
Attendees will use the ST Microelectronics SKU 2708778 development tool to support the following exercises:
- IoT System Architecture: includes an overview of the ST Raspberry Pi based card B-L475E-IOT01A2 Discovery Kit, and the NODE IoT, 868 MHZ RED-NODE MBED project for ARM card programming.
- Laboratory demonstration of an IoT gateway: using Raspberry Pi and RED-NODE Devices realised with ST card Programming of the ST card using the MBED project to read sensors along with data transmission via WiFi.
- Measurement for IoT: covering RFI measurements, bandwidth measurement and power measurement. Specific topics will include measuring power consumption at circuit nodes and EMI emission measurements on boards.
- Data analytics for IoT: users will will send data through the Cloud using the MQTT protocol and read data with APP and WebBrowser Trigger.
To participate in this hands-on session attendees will need bring a laptop.
Commenting on the significance of the forthcoming event, Daniel Dahan, Regional Sales Director, EU South for Farnell element14 said: “After the great success of our first IoT Day in October 2017, we have decided to take a closer look at wireless technology, one of the key elements of the IoT ecosystem. As the Development Distributor, we seek to partner with customers and other professionals working with IoT technology as they develop and bring their products to market. We are delighted that we can bring together leading manufacturers to provide hands-on training and support for our customers.”
Fabio Gatti, Technical Coordinator at Assodel adds “I am delighted to have been asked to co-ordinate and moderate this fantastic event, which will combine IoT theory and practical hands on training, with updates on the latest protocols and solutions from two key manufacturers, ST and Tektronix.”
To register for the IoT Wireless Technology Workshop visit http://it.farnell.com/iot-workshop
Premier Farnell is a global technology leader with over 80 years in the high service distribution of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, production, maintenance and repair. Premier Farnell uses this experience to support its broad customer base, from hobbyists to engineers, maintenance engineers and buyers as ‘The Development Distributor’, working with leading brands and start-ups to develop new products for market, and supporting the industry as it seeks to develop the current and next generation of engineers.
Premier Farnell is a business unit of Avnet (Nasdaq: AVT). Premier Farnell trades as Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America, and element14 throughout Asia Pacific. The Premier Farnell Group is supported by a global supply chain of more than 3,500 suppliers and has an extensive inventory profile developed to anticipate and meet the needs of innovative customers everywhere. Premier Farnell sells direct to consumers through a network of resellers, and its CPC business in the UK.
For more information, visit the website at http://www.premierfarnell.com